Rider Down!

omslaw

Michelle owns my Busa
Staff member
Administrator
Well, we all hoped it wouldn't happen this year, but we've had a rider go down.
sad.gif

Marvin, aka 'Pappy'; DR1300R's (Doyle) Dad - went down yesterday on the Skyway. Low-sided hard into a guard-rail. He was air-lifted to Knoxville where he underwent surgery this morning to repair the compound fracture to his left leg and tendon damage in his right hand. He's got a lot of road rash, some broken ribs, and a collapsed lung. He's still in ICU, but is doing OK. Doyle and his wife have been making trips to Knoxville to be with him.

Here at the Bash, we have started a little collection to help him out. If anyone would like to contribute, please PM MC Mustang.

Our thoughts and prayers to you Marvin for a speedy recovery!

Hope Pappy's doing alright. This will be my first trip and it will be an easy one. I've heard rumors of locals putting oil on the roads. Hope that's not what this is about. Prayers sent.

Prayers Sent! Let this go to ALL riders! Be careful! Ride safe. Thats 2 of us that have been down in a few days.

I am truly sorry to hear of this. Prayers sent for a speedy recovery. Does anyone know "where" on the skyway it happened?
sad.gif

Pappy and the rest of the family are in our prayers. LEt me know if I can do anything from this end.

Back