Rev's Edges V2.0 Finally got her all the way over.

Hey Danny, just taking pics... Digital Camera in hand...Wife busy in a book, can you see her? so...May as well take pictures...

You know what would help with leanin? Getting rid of the crappy Slip-stones that come stock and put some Pilots on that thing.

I am actually kinda fond of the slipstones, they are predictable. Though when it comes time to replace them I am thinking about getting some Pilot's or Dunlop D208s.

Just got a 208 for the rear (when I replace my cracked rim!).
Beautiful, confidence inspiring, sticky rubber! :super:

No other's on the Busa, this is still my first set. BUT...

On the 1100 They were Dunlop D207's and Metzlers...Cannot remember which ones exactly though...

On the old Canned Tuna they were Metzler ME 55's on the rear I think...and ME 33's on the front.

I remember liking the Dunlops because they were grippy if a little twitchy.

I liked the Metzlers because they were seriously forgiving, not a whole lot of grip really, but the never really BROKE loose, they just slid smoothly...Made things kinda nice really...predictable...

Nice pics Rev....I just bought a pit bull stand and now I have a look at how it works....can one person get the bike up on the pit bull rear stand? Does it just work like a lever...lifting the rear end at the spools or is there a trick?

by the way, you ARE THE FASTEST COLOR. and the shiniest too.

The rear stand is a one person operation though I do recommend a spotter the first couple of times. It's more spooky than truly hazardous. Basically you should have your grab handle on or remove the hump and grab the rail inside. Position the stand so that it's in contact with the spool on the left side, and is lined up on the right. Gradually lean the bike upright until the right hand spoolcontacts the stand. Apply some leverage to the stand and you can now move around to the back of the bike and give her the heave HO. Pretty simple.
Gettin gher off the rear is a one person job and is allmost too easy. Make sure the sidestand is down, front wheel turned towards the left. As you ease her down sorta roll it backwards a tad and she'll settle onto the side stand easy. Still a little unerving and I would make sure you have a spotter the first time you put her up, just in case. I sometimes have the wife line up the stand while I hold the bike upright then once it's being held up centered on the stand I move to the rear and lift the bike in the air...

Isnt the LE models supposed to come with the gold forks and the gold calipers? Sweet, ride by the way.

Nah, The 2002 SE was only released in the states and has the same forks and hardware as the other 2002's. The 2003 Midnight Edition is available in the rest of the world and it has the newer Forks and calipers.

Thanks Rev....will try mine out this weekend since it will be raining in chicago....will be cleaning the chain and the bike.
Stand should make it easy.

Saw a midnight falcon this past weekend...thought of you first

Then I thought....I need to paint my baby ALL BLACK.
But I put 225 miles on my busa two days ago...wouldn't change anything.....I love it.

Ride safe. All these accidents posted on the site are starting to freak me out and I never used to get that way when I was younger.

I just assume no one can see me and will pull out in front of me. Then I read about busa chick....and there is another possibility I did not think off...not to mention same thing happened to me the other day but the car skidded away from me in the opposite direction...I was sitting at a red light waiting for it to change. I was first in line when it happened. If the collision would have been a few feet to the other side this truck might have careened in my direction instead of the opposite.... yikes!

I have had some really close calls...a couple my stupidity, a couple others stupidity... Riding aggresively defensive seems to work for me quite well. But yeah, there is allways evidence (BusaChick's accident) that no matter how far ahead you plan, and how on top of it you think you are...bad things can still happen...This is what gets me putting that helmet and leather on every freakin time... Now I really want some good riding boots and pants...
We accept the risks of our hobby/passion/addiction. We know they are there, we accept it, we manage them, we ride because it makes the world right...at least every time I twist the throttle it's right... Be safe all... :cool:

I just got my PitBull stand, but haven't got the nerve to lift her up yet. I'll use your technique as soon as I find a real spotter. :eek:

I have had some really close calls...a couple my stupidity, a couple others stupidity... Riding aggresively defensive seems to work for me quite well.  But yeah, there is allways evidence (BusaChick's accident) that no matter how far ahead you plan, and how on top of it you think you are...bad things can still happen...This is what gets me putting that helmet and leather on every freakin time...  Now I really want some good riding boots and pants...
  We accept the risks of our hobby/passion/addiction.  We know they are there, we accept it, we manage them, we ride because it makes the world right...at least every time I twist the throttle it's right...  Be safe all... :cool:
Well said my friend... thats my view exactly. ( allmost sad but true ) I have a 500K life policy hope I dont have to collect

btw My busa sure is gettin more dirty here in Cal than in Hawaii, how are u keepin yours so clean?

Yes the busachick thing really is a catalyst....I've been shopping for a good set of gear (have a helmet and gloves). Now I will spend lots on a jacket; perhaps a good Vanson. Problem is most of these cycle jackets are so darn dark and you don't really stand out and get seen at night. Vanson has a new leather that literally glows in the dark...it absorbs heat throughout the day via sunlight and spits out an eerie glow at night. But the jacket costs $700.00. Other jackets have some reflective logos or piping but none that really light you up at night.

Back