Retirement Location Recommendations?

Tn DOES have an income tax (6% Hall Tax on Dividend Income) but no state tax on wages, but a high sales tax.

If it were me and I had not ties, I'd be looking for somewhere out west. near the mountains or even in them, with a hidden cave for when the world goes to heck in a handbasket....:thumbsup:

However, I did have some friends just move back from CO; when I asked why, they said "too many uppitey California liberals"...:whistle:

Tn DOES have an income tax (6% Hall Tax on Dividend Income) but no state tax on wages, but a high sales tax.

If it were me and I had not ties, I'd be looking for somewhere out west. near the mountains or even in them, with a hidden cave for when the world goes to heck in a handbasket....:thumbsup:

However, I did have some friends just move back from CO; when I asked why, they said "too many uppitey California liberals"...:whistle:

Don't know if they are Liberals, but Cali folks are wrecking the entire southwest.

Ashville, NC or Gatlinburg, TN are some of the best places I have been. Love the scenery and plenty to do all around. I like the idea that SEMI has also but eh gas prices might be so high by then you might just want to ride the busa everywhere you go.

We plan on northern Arizona . Not to hot and close to everything , Vegas , Cali , Mexico , ect... . If you get up close to Sodona in the mountains the weather isn't that hot they even get snow .

yes that is true and I do have investments and thought about that. 70% of my income will come from a pension and the rest in investments so that is definately something to consider

Ashville, NC or Gatlinburg, TN are some of the best places I have been. Love the scenery and plenty to do all around. I like the idea that SEMI has also but eh gas prices might be so high by then you might just want to ride the busa everywhere you go.
my parents lived in Severville and I did visit Gatlinburg around xmas time and will admit it was probably the most beutiful place I have ever seen. like a small slice of heaven. pretty heavy traffic into that area on weekends and holidays tho. I think most fail to realize the Smokey mountains are the most visted national park in the country. great place tho I agee.

We plan on northern Arizona . Not to hot and close to everything , Vegas , Cali , Mexico , ect... . If you get up close to Sodona in the mountains the weather isn't that hot they even get snow .
what are the housing prices in Northern AZ?

I've been looking at real estate auctions online. There are several houses for sale at lower cost. There are additional closing fees and transactions fees to pay. An Auction Services Fee of $3,000 OR a Buyer's Premium (Buyer's Fee in WI) of 5% ($2,500 minimum) will be added to the high bid and included in the total purchase price. Please see the Sale Day Notes, The Contract for Sale, and/or the Auctioneer for specifics about the property you wish to bid on.
Each high bidder must make a 5% non-refundable deposit per property ($2,500 MINIMUM - whichever is greater)

Arizona Real Estate Auctions

I was browsing for land and houses in New Mexico. Additional fees may apply beyond the bidding amount.
$349.00 processing fee
$100.00 buyers premium
$50.00 doc fee/shipping costs

Residential Real Estate Auctions in New Mexico

Northern arizona is beautiful year round. Flagstaff, Pine, Sedona, Prescott, Pine, Strawberry on the mogollon rim is amazing. As long as you dont go south of phoenix, IMO you cant go wrong.

Northern arizona is beautiful year round. Flagstaff, Pine, Sedona, Prescott, Pine, Strawberry on the mogollon rim is amazing. As long as you dont go south of phoenix, IMO you cant go wrong.
wat is the median house price in northern AZ?

That all depends man. My buddy bought a nice double wide in strawberry on 2/3 acre for 100k but it backs up to state forest land. It all depends on location, were it is in conjunction of wilderness and state forest lands. Do a google search on high country real estate and see what comes up. If it were me, I would live in either Prescott, or Payson. Not to hot, does get some snow, two hours north of the valley if you wanna warm up. Beautiful rim country up there

do u have to leave AZ to ski or does AZ have skiing in the higher elevations? how close are the drag tracks up there. how many of them are there?

Dude two to three hours of phoenix is some amazing skiing. Snow bowl, Show low. The only dragstrips i know of are speedworld and firebird down here in the valley. Firebird i think has the only road course too. Payson, Prescott your looking withing 3 hours to phoenix tracks

rgr that. thanx. seems like AZ has quite a bit to offer. weather seems great there and the cost living is probably half wat it is up here.

Arizona is great man. I moved here from kansas and I could never think about moving anywhere else. Hunting, fishing, hiking, amazing roads to ride, beautiful country, skiing its the whole package. Plus vegas is within range, california, mexico, I mean it has it all

you got me really thinkn now. with a 4.72 income tax rate that is also doable. and ur right everything seems to be within such a close proximity.

Back