respect the LEO's?

They're even on a  
rant.gif
 rant here about seat belts. Of course while your being written up, a pickup truck with kids in the bed of it, jumping around, passes by. And Yeah, I wear my belts ! Just seems kinda stupid to ticket a person not wearing a belt and do NOTHING about the kids in the pickup
wink.gif

(ibified @ May 26 2007,03:07)
(newmill @ May 25 2007,23:59) Just curious...what circumstances would cause injuries to be worse with a seatbelt?
I read about one last summer. a guy and his GF were in his truck. he lost control when a tire blew out and wound up goin off the road into a drainage ditch. She got out just fine, he drowned.

Additionally, A friend of mine got in a really bad car wreck back when we were in HS. He wasn't wearing his seat belt, and the car rolled end over end 7 times (I got to watch all of this in my rear view mirror) and he got away with a cut behind his ear. The roof had collapsed on the car, and had he been wearing a seat belt, the roof would have crushed his head.

Now, that being said, you can make the argument about whether or not it's better to wear your belt or not wear your belt, but personally I feel like it should be the choice of the individual. Yes, it's federally pushed with the highway funding, etc, but that came to be because of insurance company lobbying. You may not get any points on your license for a seat belt ticket, but watch what happens to your insurance rates...
I agree, I think like minded people should be able to sign a state and federal waiver allowing them to drive and ride without seatbelts and helmets and accept no insurance or state and federal funds or gains from lawsuits.

Hey, I think I should be able to hold my baby on my lap too.

I've been with officers that are tired of stopping people and giving warning tickets, tickets, and verbal warnings. I've always stated " just the thinning of the herd " " cleansing of the gene pool "

(ibified @ May 26 2007,10:05) Revlis:

How many accidents have you PERSONALLY witnessed where having a seat belt on would have saved a life? The only flawed logic here is yours. These werent accidents I heard about, or accidents I saw on the news, these were accidents i SAW.
I can say hundreds of deaths sir. Due to the vast safety improvements no one speaks of to the interior of the vehicles some idiots survive. Head to the windshield equals death and vehicle rolling over your ejected azz equals death, but not always. I have a 20 year old neighbor who had everything going, friends, girls, scholarship ( athletic ). See him lots of days now, sitting in his driveway, in his wheel chair. Nothing from the neck down since his senior year. He's a great kid and has stayed positive as far as I can tell the whole time. Another kid in that car died when the car rolled over him.

(DaCol. @ May 26 2007,10:17) They're even on a
rant.gif
rant here about seat belts. Of course while your being written up, a pickup truck with kids in the bed of it, jumping around, passes by. And Yeah, I wear my belts ! Just seems kinda stupid to ticket a person not wearing a belt and do NOTHING about the kids in the pickup
wink.gif
In the state of SC we even have a law against this, however the law is a few sentences and the exceptions equal two pages just about making it legal for someone under seventeen to ride in the back.
sad.gif

SC has a long ways ta go folks.

What ever happened with the broken windshield law. Just a 30min drive to work today. I spoted 3 cracked windshields. I even know a guy that has not repaired his in over 5 years. Not that he can't afford it, just to cheap to do it.
Now this is one I would ticket. And if repaired before court date. dismiss it.

I dont know, I just think there are better things for the officers to tend to.

What is the most common reason a accident occurs? I ask cause I do not know but I would guess this order. I probably missed a few.
Driving under the influance.
Speeding.
Talking on a cell phone.
Someone not using their turn signal.

I still respect the law, I'm still just pizzed off.
By the way who here does not speed? I rarely speed anymore. You would probable not believe me, but I make it a habit to be early so not to speed.

(rockadaous @ May 26 2007,14
super.gif
) easy fix.  ride the bike  
beerchug.gif
But I dont ride B***h.  And she wants to drive.
I ride the bike as often s I can. Rode the last 3 days in the rain.

me_n_paige.jpg

(Lamb busa @ May 25 2007,18:10) click it or ticket!  This is the easiest ticket to avoid!  Just wear your seatbelt.  EASY peasy!
+1

It's also the EASIEST way to SURVIVE a CRASH!!!!
mad.gif

I harp on my MOM to wear HER seatbelt, ever since she got her new suburban, NO PROBLEMS...
biggrin.gif

(06BUSA @ May 26 2007,12:07) What is the most common reason a accident occurs? I ask cause I do not know but I would guess this order. I probably missed a few.
Speeding.
Talking on a cell phone.
Tailgating's gotta be real high up there. That's what they oughta focus on.

(CrashTestDanny @ May 26 2007,20:50)
(06BUSA @ May 26 2007,12:07) What is the most common reason a accident occurs? I ask cause I do not know but I would guess this order. I probably missed a few.
Speeding.
Talking on a cell phone.
Tailgating's gotta be real high up there.  That's what they oughta focus on.
guns.gif
Tailgaters.

(ibified @ May 26 2007,00:07)
(newmill @ May 25 2007,23:59) Just curious...what circumstances would cause injuries to be worse with a seatbelt?

Additionally, A friend of mine got in a really bad car wreck back when we were in HS. He wasn't wearing his seat belt, and the car rolled end over end 7 times (I got to watch all of this in my rear view mirror) and he got away with a cut behind his ear. The roof had collapsed on the car, and had he been wearing a seat belt, the roof would have crushed his head.

Now, that being said, you can make the argument about whether or not it's better to wear your belt or not wear your belt, but personally I feel like it should be the choice of the individual. Yes, it's federally pushed with the highway funding, etc, but that came to be because of insurance company lobbying. You may not get any points on your license for a seat belt ticket, but watch what happens to your insurance rates...
End over end 7 times? He must have flying - Nascar racers don't endo that many times - unless he was flipping over downhill.

Personally, I agree with the view that seat belts and helmets should be a personal choice - as long as those who choose not to use them are not allowed to demand and receive public funds for their medical and/or funeral expenses.

As far as your insurance rates going up as a result of a seat belt ticket, that is as it should be. Insurance companies are in the business of making money by avoiding risk. If they can't avoid it, they mitigate it. Those that engage in risky behavior are penalized. Simple economics.

(Revlis @ May 25 2007,18:26)
(mzrsq @ May 25 2007,18:26)
(MoosesBusa @ May 25 2007,21:11)
(BusaWhipped @ May 25 2007,20:56) Its all about the Benjamins.  If the states don't comply with the seat belt laws/enforcement, they lose Federal highway funds.  That's why some of the states have seatbelt laws for the cages, but no helmet laws.  As soon as the Feds decide to withhold $$$ for states without helmet laws, all 50 states will have them.
Actually it's all about the fatalities. The federal Government found in study after study how many people would still be alive had they simply worn their seat belt. Put bluntly, Physics is a biotch! They forced the states into enforcing the federal law by threatening to withhold federal dollars if the laws weren't enforced. Actually a smart move on their part.
Think you're stronger than a seat belt? Here's a quick test. Get in your car put on your seatbelt correctly and drive 10 miles per hour. Once up to speed slam on the brakes and come to a fast and abrupt stop. Notate any injuries sustained on a piece of paper. Now return home and go to the side of your house. back away from the wall far enough to insure you get up to 10 mph while running. Run straight into the wall with both of your arms straight out in front of you palms up and down with fingers pointed towards the sky. Run into the wall at full speed. Once stopped notate any injuries. Well, have the friends laughing at you write them down because you won't be able to hold the pen with the pain in your wrists or see the paper with the tear filled eyes from your bloody nose.
While they don't protect everybody all the time, the odds are in your favor to wear it.
Don't get mad at the cop. He was doing what he's paid to do... Uphold the law.
rant.gif
This may all be true, but where are the studies that show how many lives were saved by not wearing a belt.   How many people survived by being thrown clear of the vehicle.  It's all in what you see, as I've been personal witness in my life to 2 seperate accidents in which the driver would have been "DEAD" if wearing a belt, instead they were left with minor injuries.

Seat belts may very well save lives...............But they take them too.
Complete Crap and the worst kind of backwards logic.

2 Imaginary survivals due to NOT wearing a seat belt doesn't mean sh!t when compared to the millions who die because they are too simple minded to click a belt...

Then again, I'm all for survival of the smarter, more mentally capable, so I would prefer to NOT to have ANY Seatbelt laws to go along with NO helmet laws...

Thin the stupid, and the ignorant outta the herd...
the problem is not all of the die... half of them live on as vegtables and we get to foot the bill for that as well.

Seatbelts Ok I can ride my bike with shorts flipflops sleeveless shirt and no helmet. (Not that I do that personally) I can legally in my state put as many people as i want in the back of my pickup and go down the highway.

rant.gif
but I get two no seatbelts in the same fffing day you must be joking right nope happened last year but still it happened.

generally, wouldn't most people learn from the first one?

Not saying anything, just saying.......you know.

I use my belt......kids want theirs on....when i was younger no belts.

Life is different now............just dont want to be told what to do.
all_coholic.gif

Back