Click it or ticket campaign

HRJR

Donating Member
Registered
Connecticut has a seat belt law. Statewide, towns are vigorously enforcing the law by setting up "checkpoints" all over the state looking for people not wearing their seat belts.

I met a guy today who just got pinched. Cost him $37.

Not me though! I've been enjoying this great weather riding my Busa! Sucks to be a cager!!!

The "Click it or Ticket" campaign started today (5/29) and runs through (6/3).

(HRJR @ May 22 2007,16:57) Connecticut has a seat belt law.  Statewide, towns are vigorously enforcing the law by setting up "checkpoints" all over the state looking for people not wearing their seat belts.

I met a guy today who just got pinched.  Cost him $37.

Not me though!  I've been enjoying this great weather riding my Busa!  Sucks to be a cager!!!

The "Click it or Ticket" campaign started today (5/29) and runs through (6/3).
Dayum I thought today was only the 22nd.....time flies!
all_coholic.gif

Why's it suck to buckle up? It could save your life if you wreck... Now, I'm not for Gvmnt telling me what to do or I'll get a fine, but I ALWAYS buckle up.

Same in KC

Most of the KC Scout message boards are lit up with the warnings:

scout.jpg

What a load of horsepoopy.   It's ALL for revenue.   Safety my ass.

Why not have a "sale it, then jail it" campain arrest frenzy for all the drug dealers?

It's crap.

Indiana just got an additional $15 million in grants by making seat belt use mandatory in trucks. No seat belts in trucks was a nice loop hole while it lasted. My E250 is a commercial vehicle so that's still a gray area.

The Indiana police are going apeshid with check points right now trying to get their last gasp in. A new law starting in July bans check points! Bwahahaha! Maybe then the over paid boy scouts will be able to spend more time in drug infested ghettos taking care of crime instead of telling ADULTS what's good for them. Ha like that'll happen!

Oh yeah, the fine in Indiana is a laughable $25 bucks.

(GMbusa @ May 22 2007,18:09) What a load of horsepoopy.   It's ALL for revenue.   Safety my ass.

Why not have a "sale it, then jail it" campain arrest frenzy for all the drug dealers?

It's crap.
In Tennessee the K-9s are at click it...lots of drug arrests. Usually more than seat belts.

$35 ... $65 ... thats it?? Here in Texas it is $200!!!! I think its a great law... saves lives... i've been a passenger in 3 different accidents and 2 of them i was told that i would probably have died or had very serious injuries had i not been wearing a seat belt... Seat belt is like a helmet for me, feel naked without it...

It should only apply to minors. I think it is a Bull sh()t revenue tactic. Tired of people telling me what is good for me. Just another reason to pull you over if they want.

personally, i don't see where the government got the right to tell me what i can and can't do if i am only endangering myself...i can understand speed limits (some of them anyway) and laws against assault, rape, child endangerment, etc.

but i don't think anyone has the right to tell me i have to wear a seat belt or helmet...it isn't going to hurt anyone else if i choose not to put them on

i can drink if i choose, smoke if i want, and i see tons (pun intended) of people walking around that have pulled up to the buffet way too many times...these things are all dangerous to a person's health...so as far as i'm concerned, i'll make up my own mind on whether or not i put myself in harm's way

sorry for the rant, i guard my personal liberties very seriously...i try not to do things that endanger others but don't listen very well to anyone else about my own life decisions

think seltbelts only protect you from getting ejected, think again, here's a good commercial of collateral damage, yeah it's excessivebut it gets the point across:

commercial[/url]

semi, also people think driving is a right, it isn't it's a privelage.

Last edited by a moderator:
(HRJR @ May 22 2007,13:57) The "Click it or Ticket" campaign started today (5/29) and runs through (6/3).
But it's only the 22nd of May .
tounge.gif

Too bad that about 70 % of the people still yack on cell phones without their hands free sets , no matter what the law says.

(semi @ May 22 2007,21:02) personally, i don't see where the government got the right to tell me what i can and can't do if i am only endangering myself...i can understand speed limits (some of them anyway) and laws against assault, rape, child endangerment, etc.

but i don't think anyone has the right to tell me i have to wear a seat belt or helmet...it isn't going to hurt anyone else if i choose not to put them on

i can drink if i choose, smoke if i want, and i see tons (pun intended) of people walking around that have pulled up to the buffet way too many times...these things are all dangerous to a person's health...so as far as i'm concerned, i'll make up my own mind on whether or not i put myself in harm's way

sorry for the rant, i guard my personal liberties very seriously...i try not to do things that endanger others but don't listen very well to anyone else about my own life decisions
+1.
brave.gif

(Mr. Anderson @ May 22 2007,20:12) semi, also people think driving is a right, it isn't it's a privelage.
i agree 100% that driving is a priviledge at it's core but at the same time, i have the right to drive as much as anyone else...my problem is with the government thinking they have the right to protect me from myself...i am not doing anything to harm others when i don't wear a seatbelt so it shouldn't be anyone else's business

i have been extremely blessed when involved in accidents (14 in cages to the best of my recall) and was only wearing a seatbelt in 1 of them...this doesn't mean that i won't die tomorrow but i have first hand experience with how quickly things can go completely wrong and i still make the conscious decision to take that risk for myself

i'm not saying that others shouldn't wear them, in fact, they probably should, it would be a wise choice...but if i want to put myself and myself only at risk, i feel that is my right as an adult human being

btw, only 2 of those wrecks were my fault and they both happened almost 20 years ago

its all about growing the department seatbelts save lives about half the time maybe its seems like its getting to the point where we have a standing army in the streets in my town last year the city tried to incorporate but it was shot down by the town folk no one wants to support another police department when there is a different department every 10 miles around here

Back