Replacing Windscreen

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
Gonna buy a double-bubble from one of our sponsors, but want to confirm that removal of the stock windscreen and installation of the new one is simply a matter of removing the two screws on either side of the bodywork, and slipping the old one out and the new one in.

Am I missing something?

Almost, you also have to pull out the rubber covered nut. It's pretty tough and can take lots of pulling before it is damaged. After you put the new screen back in you can make the rubber nut thingy go in the hole easier if you wet it.

Ahhh ... then maybe I can get some water in there before I pull it out. Strange they'd make it that way, but ya never know.

Thanks for the heads-up B-D
beerchug.gif

Remove the inners that cover the back side of those rubber covered nuts and pull them in rather then out, alot easier!
When re-installing put the screws in just a little then push the rubber covered nuts in from the outside. Then re-install the inner's.
Done!

(05BusaLe @ Jul. 19 2007,19:06) Remove the inners that cover the back side of those rubber covered nuts and pull them in rather then out, alot easier!
When re-installing put the screws in just a little then push the rubber covered nuts in from the outside. Then re-install the inner's.
Done!
Hmmmm, never tried it that way. Can it be done by just kinda bending the inners out a bit, after removing the push pins?
Always learning something new here.

(BusaDale @ Jul. 19 2007,22:55)
(05BusaLe @ Jul. 19 2007,19:06) Remove the inners that cover the back side of those rubber covered nuts and pull them in rather then out, alot easier!
Done!
Hmmmm, never tried it that way. Can it be done by just kinda bending the inners out a bit, after removing the push pins?
Yes, that's how I do it.

(NightCrawler @ Jul. 19 2007,23:27)
Done!
Yes, that's how I do it.
iamwithstupid.gif

I just remove the push-pins and bend them outta the way - I don't remove the inners. I reach in there and pull the rubber grommet-nut outta there.

When reinstalling them, 'just' start the screw in them and use the allen wrench to help push them in. I use a T-handle allen wrench - so I'll put the wrench in the screw head and use that to help push them in.

Piece-o-cake!
smile.gif

(omslaw @ Jul. 19 2007,23:40)
Done!
Yes, that's how I do it.
iamwithstupid.gif

I just remove the push-pins and bend them outta the way - I don't remove the inners.  I reach in there and pull the rubber grommet-nut outta there.  

When reinstalling them, 'just' start the screw in them and use the allen wrench to help push them in.  I use a T-handle allen wrench - so I'll put the wrench in the screw head and use that to help push them in.

Piece-o-cake!  
smile.gif
bowdown.gif

(omslaw @ Jul. 20 2007,00:40)
Done!
Yes, that's how I do it.
iamwithstupid.gif

I just remove the push-pins and bend them outta the way - I don't remove the inners.  I reach in there and pull the rubber grommet-nut outta there.  

When reinstalling them, 'just' start the screw in them and use the allen wrench to help push them in.  I use a T-handle allen wrench - so I'll put the wrench in the screw head and use that to help push them in.

Piece-o-cake!  
smile.gif
Hey BUDDY! You 'ya callin' "stupid"?

boxing.gif

laugh.gif

Back