Double Bubble Windscreen?

Dwayne Greenidge

Registered
Who makes the tallest double bubble windscreen for a Gen 2? I bought one on Amazon and it's no taller than my stock windscreen smh.

you can get a touring screen. you'll look like a tool bag, but you won't have bugs on your face shield. if it looks stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.

using black puig, never had any issue :)

o.png

I have the Chinese double bubble and it is slightly taller than the stock screen.

It throws the wind up enough to not hit my neck and cause air percussion in my Helmet.

Down side it causes Helmet shake about 120 mph but as you go though it smooths out again.

I have the Chinese double bubble and it is slightly taller than the stock screen.

It throws the wind up enough to not hit my neck and cause air percussion in my Helmet.

Down side it causes Helmet shake about 120 mph but as you go though it smooths out again.
Hi Guys. Be careful of Chinese screens as they are tight fitting. Some don't fit and will crack your fairing which is costly and if your bike is under warranty,Suzuki may not honour the warranty. Mike (NZ)

A quick disclaimer Mike is correct to be cautious of Chinese parts. Mine slit in with no effort.

If any thing needs force and a tourque quench is not involved. You should step back and ask, "should I be doing this?"

Sorry guys I don't even remember the name of my windscreen.

A quick disclaimer Mike is correct to be cautious of Chinese parts. Mine slit in with no effort.

If any thing needs force and a tourque quench is not involved. You should step back and ask, "should I be doing this?"

Sorry guys I don't even remember the name of my windscreen.

Hi Majestic. I have acquired a zero gravity screen from revzilla in Philadelphia and it fits like a glove so that would be my preferred recommendation, although godiva screens in Hamilton New Zealand are a good fit too

Although my avatar shows a Zero Gravity Double Bubble, I have since upgraded to a MRA Vario Touring. https://www.mrashop.de/com/selectio...ayabusa-variotouringscreen-vt-2008?c=90005453 . The Zero looks cool but only works well when tucked in at speed. The MRA can be adjusted to direct the airflow over your helmet whatever your height is at partial forward lean angle at speed with no buffeting. No need to tuck in unless you are over 120 mph. I have used this up to 168 mph with no issues. You will love it.

Although my avatar shows a Zero Gravity Double Bubble, I have since upgraded to a MRA Vario Touring. https://www.mrashop.de/com/selectio...ayabusa-variotouringscreen-vt-2008?c=90005453 . The Zero looks cool but only works well when tucked in at speed. The MRA can be adjusted to direct the airflow over your helmet whatever your height is at partial forward lean angle at speed with no buffeting. No need to tuck in unless you are over 120 mph. I have used this up to 168 mph with no issues. You will love it.

Good screen , but does not work well if you have a short upper body . You would think at full up it would go over a person that is a mere 5 ' 1" tall . It bobbled my head around , and always placed pugs on my face shield .
After riding my Son's EX500 with stock screen in the rain with same modular helmet on , and OPEN it was a shock to get better protection than the bird with the MRA vario . I lowered it fully making it .25 " lower than most double bubble screens and problem solved . I sold my MRA two weeks ago due to not using the vario , and how hard it was to clean bugs from it . I went back to a DB . Much happier now .

20160718_194347_zps2slrfrod.jpg
View attachment 1567356
20160718_194443_zpssk4sipwc.jpg
20160718_194528_zpsnxzfoj5k.jpg
20160718_194542_zpsxp6ziprd.jpg
20160709_123712_HDR_zpsbqdfjkbg.jpg

I'm 5'9 and have the MRA set at the #2 position from flat out of a possible 5 up. I tried higher settings initially and noticed more buffeting at speed. Curious C10 if you tried lower settings? Great pics for those curious about the MRA screen!

I bought mine at amazon.
Screenshot_2016-08-07-09-59-43.png

It's slightly taller but a big difference than stock. I can see by gauges without ducking my head and the wind doesn't hit my helmet at 50 +mph

Good screen , but does not work well if you have a short upper body . You would think at full up it would go over a person that is a mere 5 ' 1" tall . It bobbled my head around , and always placed pugs on my face shield .
After riding my Son's EX500 with stock screen in the rain with same modular helmet on , and OPEN it was a shock to get better protection than the bird with the MRA vario . I lowered it fully making it .25 " lower than most double bubble screens and problem solved . I sold my MRA two weeks ago due to not using the vario , and how hard it was to clean bugs from it . I went back to a DB . Much happier now .

Pledge is the best thing to clean a bike with.
Spray it on heavy, let it sit for a minute, hold a rag under to keep from dripping.
Wipe it off and almost all the bugs and crud will come right off.
Spray again, and wipe and polish in. And it's clean and shiny...and smells good too.
I live in humid south central VA.
5 minutes of night riding means you're plastered with moths and bugs.
I've tried everything for cleaning bugs off.
Bug and tar remover works ok, and takes alot of work.
Honda Polish was hard to beat, until I tried Pledge. Honda Polish isn't even close, and takes so much more work.
Pledge even advertises on the can for use on motorcycles.
It wasn't til someone here recommended Pledge years ago that I tried it.
Many people here use it, and it seems everyone that does agrees that it's hard to beat, and won't use anything else.

20160718_194347_zps2slrfrod.jpg
View attachment 1567370
20160718_194443_zpssk4sipwc.jpg
20160718_194528_zpsnxzfoj5k.jpg
20160718_194542_zpsxp6ziprd.jpg
20160709_123712_HDR_zpsbqdfjkbg.jpg

Pledge is the best thing to clean a bike with.
Spray it on heavy, let it sit for a minute, hold a rag under to keep from dripping.
Wipe it off and almost all the bugs and crud will come right off.
Spray again, and wipe and polish in. And it's clean and shiny...and smells good too.
I live in humid south central VA.
5 minutes of night riding means you're plastered with moths and bugs.
I've tried everything for cleaning bugs off.
Bug and tar remover works ok, and takes alot of work.
Honda Polish was hard to beat, until I tried Pledge. Honda Polish isn't even close, and takes so much more work.
Pledge even advertises on the can for use on motorcycles.
It wasn't til someone here recommended Pledge years ago that I tried it.
Many people here use it, and it seems everyone that does agrees that it's hard to beat, and won't use anything else.

Back