Double Bubble? Or Don't Bother?

Banger

Registered
I'm a big guy at 6'5" and hugging the tank on the freeway in order to be the most aerodynamic just isn't an option (old, lazy, back hurts, etc. :laugh:).

Question --- Does anybody that has one of the double bubble windscreens actually see/notice any difference in the wind travel "over" you at highway speeds?

I did some searching on the site and couldn't find anything that gave me any real direction on whether or not this double bubble works.

Thoughts?

I love mine.. It DOES change the wind 'patern' and elevates the breeze higher.. But I'm only 5'7".... You may need an opinion of a tall guy for your purposes.. lol

I'm 6'2" and did not get the double bubble due to posts I read here. They say it will put the dirty or more turbulent wind right in our face if you are over 6'.

I've thought about putting on a touring wind screen for the winter since I commute down to mid 40's.

I'm 6'0" tall and have a Corbin seat (read sits 1.25" lower than stock) and I prefer the stock shield over the DB. The DB deflects the wind right into my face causing lots of turbulence. When I used my stock seat, the DB was great. At 6'5" you might be OK.

Im 6'-2'' and it does make m head bounce more than stock but only if im sitting straight up. I like to lean forward anyways so I love mine and it allows me to see the gauges clearly. Put it on and try it, they dont cost much and you could always resell it if you dont like it. I went with dark smoke (puig) so I could still see throught it while tucked.

I'm 6'2" and did not get the double bubble due to posts I read here. They say it will put the dirty or more turbulent wind right in our face if you are over 6'.

I've thought about putting on a touring wind screen for the winter since I commute down to mid 40's.

Thank you.... This is what I was afraid of.

Looks like I may look into the Corbin seat since I'm not a fan of the stock one.

Im 6' and had double bubbles on both mine.

When im in a sporty riding position, with my weight forward,
I cant see the top half of the clocks with a standard screen.

Done some long run's and some high speed run's.
Very happy with the screens.

If I ever get another faired Busa it'll be a must for me.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

I'm 6'3" and have a Puig BD. Have no complaints of wind,but I do feel some. However it is nice to clearly see the gauges. As that was my main reason to the purchase. They do make windscreens that are for touring,but(to me) they don't look all that great on a Busa.

I'm 6' and dig my DB. I also have a custom seat that drops me about an inch and always wear a FF. Never had an issue with wind/turb, even at high speeds...

i'm 6'5" 220lbs, i have the puig db and have no complaints at all. the stock windscreen was always pushing my head around, but as soon as i got the db on i fell in love with it. i do a lot of 200+ mile weekend trips touring around the state. i can usually ride 110mph+ until i have to tuck behind the bike.

i'm 6'5" 220lbs, i have the puig db and have no complaints at all. the stock windscreen was always pushing my head around, but as soon as i got the db on i fell in love with it. i do a lot of 200+ mile weekend trips touring around the state. i can usually ride 110mph+ until i have to tuck behind the bike.

You're my size... I may consider it now. I've always just gotten used to not seeing gauges in the past with my previous Suzukis....

You're my size... I may consider it now. I've always just gotten used to not seeing gauges in the past with my previous Suzukis....

Go for it...obviously the opinions differ greatly so you may have to choose for yourself but definitely worth a try.

I am 6'1 and love a DB. As others have said you can see the guages better but it does help a great deal with throwing the wind around you also. I'd never go back.

Prices vary also. I have been through a couple and paid about $80 for a clear DB but got a tinted DB on Ebay for about half that...

pashnit on here has them in stock, one of the sponsors on here:thumbsup: i went with the dark smoke, i can see clearly through it when tucked. i've bought many a things from him and he's a good guy.
here's a pic of mine with her on it. pics are on the first page https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/156891-new-grab-bar.html

Hi I recently had a neck problem so got soupys one inch spacers to raise the handlebars......now the problem is that the wind pattern seems to have changed...I get hit more by the wind???? Would changing the windscreen help...should I go for a touring one or DB?

I love my double bubble windscreen. Im 6", 175 lbs and this is one of the best mods I have done. No where near as much turbulence on my helmet when riding at higher speeds.

My german windshield works well. And it's adjustable.

34ths.jpg

Back