Removing rear rail to put in hump must?

you dont NEED the rail with a rear stand. I just take the hump off and hold the bike by the bar that the hump locks into.. with the lock release on it or whatever. no problem.

dont cut the hump, just remove the rail IMHO

some one post a black busa with out the frame rail--be cool to be able to compare    
smile.gif

right now im leaning tward doin the mod-

<!--EDIT|lot boy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137712365 -->

I hafta admit, I like the look of the hump mod with the rail, guess it just a little ricer comin out of me is all. Plus, since I have the fairing screens done the frame rail hold is impossible...

Get rid of the grab bar passengers never use it they just hold around your waist anyway.

you dont NEED the rail with a rear stand. I just take the hump off and hold the bike by the bar that the hump locks into.. with the lock release on it or whatever. no problem.  

dont cut the hump, just remove the rail IMHO
+10
+20
+30

Hump + Grab bar looks like azz.  Equivalent of adding a J.C. Whitney spoiler to a Ferrari Maranello.
Jo Lo azz......and I'm down with it.
biggrin.gif

When i was looking for a nice used Busa, i found a couple, but refused to buy them when i notice the dreaded hump "rail of death" mod was performed. Even though i could of got another hump, half these bikes were custom painted, paint matching would suck and i couldn't get past the big holes left over. Then i bought new and the first thing i did was take the bar off and chuck it. Even the rear seat looks like ass on the Busa, the hump is the only way to go.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137788596 -->

I consider it a must for use with rear stand.
+1
The center stand is well behind the balance point. I'm 230 and can't budge it with just downforce.
That's because you need to use the handle on the left side of the bike.  You know the open hole on the lower left tail section.  There is a frame bar in there for a reason.

Hold the bike straight up, put the stand under and then pull up with one hand while you push the stand down with the other.  VERY....very easy!
wink.gif
[/QUOTE]
+1 That's what that hole is for...

Another busa hump bites the dust...

Memorial services are on Saturday.
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Do hump mod.. it adds .000001HP
Along with dropping your top speed. The hump wasn't some gimicky thing that Suzuki came up with for looks. It was incorporated into the design of the bike to cut down on turbulence, otherwise why even include it as standard equipment?

Just seems odd to take something that was literally born in a wind tunnel and then butcher those sweet and scientific lines.

As always though...to each his own.

the grab rail and the switch I made from alloy sub-frame to steel one,would have saved my lil' house mouse from severe injury or death...had she been on the back.

The mini van that tried to "Mate with my Busa" was slowed a bit by the grab bar.

No big deal I guess...unless yer planning on gettin' rear ended.

image7.jpg

I ride 1-up most of the time. Grab bar makes putting the bike on the rear stand very easy. Both ways are good, in my opinion.

Back