Removing rear rail to put in hump must?

umairhashmi

Registered
Yesterday the dealership gave me the bike with the passenger seat installed and the hump in a seperate box.Apparently i have to take the rear hand rail out so the hump can fit.How do i do it?

I had to remove my grab bar to put my hump on. Just remove the 4 bolt that hold the bar on.

You also should have received 2 spacers for use after you take grab rail off and replace the 4 bolts.

Hump mod search.....a little dremmel work and you can leave the grab rail on. I consider it a must for use with rear stand.

post_6_62330_Bike_Trip_019.jpg

Gotta get a dremmel tool. Hbr-that black and gray is a great lookin' color. Exhaust cans really balance out the color scheme.

usair- We're due some pics today, right?

Thanks on the cans. I like em too.

Busa_1.jpg

Yesterday the dealership gave me the bike with the passenger seat installed and the hump in a seperate box.Apparently i have to take the rear hand rail out so the hump can fit.How do i do it?
When I picked up mine, my dealership knew me so well that they just handed me the rail and pilion to me in a Box. Saying, we know YOU will NEVER use these things  
laugh.gif
, and they're right, fore I am a Lone Rider  
ss038.gif

The hump does need to be cut to use the grab rail at the same time. It's easy to do, but if you ever decide to use the hump without the rail, it looks like $h*t.

If you remove the hump or rears seat, you can use the bar where the latch is to steady the rear when you put it on the stand.

I did the mod, and then decided I liked the look without the rail, so I bought another hump. I can use it either way now, but humps go for about $100 and up
wow.gif

Step away from the dremel.... It only takes a few seconds to remove the grab bar and the Busa looks alot better with just the hump.

G'day Umairhashmi,
take a few practice goes at taking it apart and putting it back together. Every time you go out the situation will be different, so you may as well get quick. You should have also got a bag of frankenstein bolts, spacers and washers. By the end of the year, you will have shed loads of combos, ie: hump, tobin seats, ventura rack, chrome and black bars and so forth, so you may as well get used to it. Don't cut anything besides the side stand and use a small file there so that you don't wreck it. HBR, those cans look top shelf but you already knew that because you bought them, do they sound that good?
cool.gif

and keep those tools together in a shoe box or something. They come up all the time and trying to find where you last put that hex key is a pain in the arse.

I consider it a must for use with rear stand.[/QUOTE]
+1
The center stand is well behind the balance point. I'm 230 and can't budge it with just downforce.

I consider it a must for use with rear stand.
+1
The center stand is well behind the balance point. I'm 230 and can't budge it with just downforce.[/QUOTE]
That's because you need to use the handle on the left side of the bike. You know the open hole on the lower left tail section. There is a frame bar in there for a reason.

Hold the bike straight up, put the stand under and then pull up with one hand while you push the stand down with the other. VERY....very easy!
wink.gif

For the rear stand I just push it down and the bike comes up.
tounge.gif
  The bike isn't that heavy for a rear stand  unless your talking about the center stand which I don't have but would think it would be harder to do than a rear stand.

<!--EDIT|Bruiserman
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137686439 -->

Back