Rear seat cover

Lloyd

Registered
On this 2000 Busa I bought the grab rail as to be removed to put the hump on..I have seen pics of other with the Hump cover on with the grab rail installed..Did they change these in the later years? It looks like I can just trim the cover to make it fit with the grab rail installed..Is this correct?

that is what you have to do. I think you can search for hump mod or something like that, I know I saw it on here somewhere

It is called the "Hump Mod"....you have to trim the hump so the grab rail will clear.
wink.gif

No change in the grab rail and the fit from year to year. It has always been designed for use by a passenger (hence the term grab rail) and not needed when using the hump. Any one that you see in place with the hump on has been modded by the owner. Here is a good link for that <a href="http://coastalcompucare.us/busa/id2.html">Grab Rail/Hump Mod<a>. You will see there is also a mod to increase storage space under the hump. Hope this helps.

No change in the grab rail and the fit from year to year.  It has always been designed for use by a passenger (hence the term grab rail) and not needed when using the hump.  Any one that you see in place with the hump on has been modded by the owner.  Here is a good link for that <a href="http://coastalcompucare.us/busa/id2.html">Grab Rail/Hump Mod<a>.  You will see there is also a mod to increase storage space under the hump.  Hope this helps.
What he said.

Lloyd,
Just in case you don't want to check the thread....here's what I did.
I took the base off the hump and sat it on the bike with the grab bar installed, then I marked the hump on the both sides of the bar. I reinstalled the base in the hump, then used a dremel tool to grind down the hump between the marks (I did it from the inside of the hump so that I wouldn't burn the paint on the outside) and repeat until the hump latches without contacting the bar. I found that an extra 1/8th in or so all around will give you good clearance without trimming so much that water will get inside.
The hardest part of the mod: the very first grind! I think you'll find that you are very happy with the result, just take your time! A couple of slips and you can really mess up the hump - so be patient.

Back