removed decals today!!!

So how did you remove the deals? Did you heat them with a hairdryer or heat gun? I am thinking about the same thing, but am trying to avoid making a HUGE mess.

actually it was about 75 degrees outside and i just let it sit in the sunlight for about an hour and pulled it in the garage. then took one of those plastic razor blades and got it started then pulled them off the rest of the way by hand. the slower you go the less likely u r to keep ripping the decal and having to start over again. but when you start using the adhesive remover it gets really messy. dont worry though cause itll look like its getting worse but its actually getting better

Decal removal..IMHO and experience..

For a Gen II the tank decals can be removed with patience, a hair dryer (NOT a heat gun). They arent under the gelcoat but they have a plastic cover film that comes off first. Once you get a slight corner up just work the heatgun back and forth and you'll get a feel for when to apply pressure. It probably won't come off in one piece, Mine probably came off in 10 or so pieces.

Adhesive removers are helpful AFTER the decal is gone. Don't use any solvents on the plastic bits. The ABS is sensitive to certain compounds and a little patience will get it all.

The left and right upper body panel flat surfaces were the toughest. I pulled the panels as they only around 10" long and 4" wide or so. I kept a steady stream of hot water flowing on them as I finger peeled them. Took about 15 mins but came off completely with no evidence other than a slight rectangular shadow where the decal was. This will fade in short order after a couple polishes or cleanings with detergent.

dam I have always like a clean lookn bike and have thought about taken off the decals but today after work I think Im gonna do it , if it does not look right that is what ghost flames or for

That adhesive is a bear to remove... it just laughs at goo gone. I need some serious chems to remove... will try the 3m if I can find. Can't wait to get all those ugly stickers off my bike!!! Looks so much better clean...

I was wanting to know this too? Both the red one and blue one don't look like they have been resprayed? I know this is a necro post and hopefully someone who has done it recently can chime in.

I imagine sanding JUST the clear off would be bloody hard work.

Looks clean.. I want to remove the 1300R logos in favor of the 1340's.. but I guess I'm to much of a wuss. Plus I want to remove the front Suzuki logo since mine has a rock chip in it and it looks ridicilous

That adhesive is a bear to remove... it just laughs at goo gone. I need some serious chems to remove... will try the 3m if I can find. Can't wait to get all those ugly stickers off my bike!!! Looks so much better clean...

My apologies for reviving this zombie thread - but I experienced this for this first hand. I will stop by the local HD or Lowes to find the 3M Adhesive Remover. I will post pics later.

After I read this post- I went to Autozone and picked up this can for $9.99. Couldn't find any plastic razors so i used the next best thing- a maxed out credit card! lol! Just kidding:) Any kind of smooth edge of a plastic card will work just as well. As you can see from the last pic- I didn't have a can of this stuff!!! The sticker on the frame was a *****!

03618-3m-adhesive-remover.jpg

10031119231.jpg

0930111547.jpg

Looks good.I want to have the kanjis airbrushed on in an almost 3D effect or waving like a flag.

I've seen this 2003 cooper busa with the kanji airbrushed in black really huge on the side fairings- looks really cool but cant seem to find that pick anywhere

Back