Decal removal advice

Frank Adams

Registered
just pull it off slowly. and the glue that stays on can be removed with gasoline. then you might want to wax it when your done.....good luck.

What's the best way to remove all those nice decals which are there to remind me of all the ways that I can die if I ride the 'Busa?

Start with a finger nail (no sharp metal objects to scratch the plastic) and use a blow dryer to soften the adhesive.

Rob

Hair dryer on hot cycle,should have done it when you bought your new bike home that day/night.Just heat the decal and peel off.I also took off the information sticker from the swing arm and restuck it inside the trunk and also the id sticker was removed and restuck inside the trunk area near the tool bag.Good luck

Falconer, you're right about all those scary death decals. I think Suzuki employs out-of-work Japanese horror movie producers to write them.

"Do not fling self off vehicle at high speed."

"While refueling, do not drop lit match into fuel tank to check level."

Heavy messages.

When I removed them, I got an instant .4 second improvement in the 1/4 mile.

I too removed MOST of mine but there are a couple with some pretty good info that I left in place. Info included some tune-up specs, tire specs, motor specs and vin numbers etc. Just wanted to mention that since not every single sticker is 'worthless' info waiting to be removed. Also I'm sure they have to place even the seemingly obvious 'disclaimers/warnings' on new bikes sold due to legal requirements/protection.

Got them off too. I guess these decals might be the reason for all those engine cut off problems people seem to have around.
When you turn on the Busa, the engine will read all of them at once, and will get scared too. Combined with weather conditions, there you go, the engine panics and cuts off, nothing simpler than this.

Dirty Pete. The decal about the lit matches arent all in vain........ One guy I know ( and yes, I am very sorry that he is norwegian too( hehehe )) looked down into the fuel tank of his truck with a match to see how much diesel he had left........well now he doesnt have any skin on his face......

Back