Removing decal glue

HOOKDADDY

Registered
while takeing my decals off wit a heat gun the glue stayed on the bike any to get the glue off my heat gun burns the paint

3M Adhesive remover
Goo Gone in the plastic bottle, not the can it'll melt your paint.
Isopropyl alcohol
WD40 and a microfiber cloth

tons of things

3M Adhesive remover
Goo Gone in the plastic bottle, not the can it'll melt your paint.
Isopropyl alcohol
WD40 and a microfiber cloth

tons of things

all of these and then rub with your fingers, the glue will usually roll up and fall away. Best thing about your fingers, you'll hurt them and stop before you hurt the paint.

i used the Goo Gone in the plastic bottle, it did a great job :beerchug:

You can also check the local body shop supply store, they'll have an eraser wheel, its made to remove the glue that hold badges on cars. Ive never used one so I dont know how easy it is to go to far and burn the paint, but its and option if the other ideas arent gettin it done.

I used goo gone. Sure all the above are great ideas. Wonder about the Mr. Clean white sponges

There are a few ways to remove adhesive. I suggest the following

1 eucalypts oil if want an Eco friendly approach
2 citrus degreaser if have large amount of adhesive to remove. Always test it first as can affect the surface of plastics. Citrus degreaser available at stores like Home Improvement Made Easy with New Lower Prices | Improve & Repair
3 WD40. Not specific made for removing adhesive though does the job and usually you have a can in the shed
4 eraser pad not so much suited to adhesive removal, rather decal removal (video demonstration at Remove Decals, Remove Stickers - The guaranteed solution)

I suggest always testing your spray/ metho first in a small area

Regards
Peter

Back