removing decals

rocco410

Registered
heys guys and gals. anyone know of the best ways to remove decals/stickers of the bike. was thinking about blow dryer or maybe an eraser wheel. want to clean up my new bike without hurting the beautiful black paint.

Belt sander:laugh:

I kid, there are some other guys that have done it and it came out great, im sure they'll be along shortly.
If ya have a Gen1, the tank decals are under the clear, those will need a sander and respray the tank.

blow dryer - heat 'em up and then SLOWWWWLY peel 'em off. Use Goo Gone and a microfiber cloth to remove any left over adhesive residue.

If they've been on for a while, they may come off in pieces - then it's just some elbow grease with the Goo Gone...

Follow with a polish and you're good-to-go.

thanks so far guys. the bike is brand new. purchased 04/05/11. was assembeled the day before. only got 300 miles on her before it started to snow again in the mountains of CA. then had to hit the road to make some more money for mods. asked my brother to put some miles on her so i could change the oil when i get home, but i think he is scared.:laugh:

Just a hair dryer and they come right off. Not sure if tank decals are under the clear like the gen one. But I took all mine off and thought I was good enough to take the stickers off my tank under the clear on my 06 le..

I now have a black bike...
Posted via Mobile Device

Just a hair dryer and they come right off. Not sure if tank decals are under the clear like the gen one. But I took all mine off and thought I was good enough to take the stickers off my tank under the clear on my 06 le..

Posted via Mobile Device

:snap:

I took mine out with a hair dryer, very easy, then took some goo gone to clean the sticky left over.

Posted via Mobile Device

Nobody can say your not confident, thats for sure.

Just make sure you use the right adhesive cleaner. One for stickers. You don't want to hurt the clear coat. :rulez: Goo gone has a couple different product for different applications.

Hair dryer for the stickers, used everything under the sun to remove the adhesive and Rapid Remover saved me from all the frustration!:thumbsup:

M_RapidTac_RapidRemover_32oz.jpg

Heat gun, on low setting. Carefully remove. And baby oil (on your finger tips, rubbing in a circular motion), for any goo residue that's left (seriously) :thumbsup:

I just got my 2011 and the first thing I did was to remove those ugly stickers.I used a hair dryer and a little patience. They come off in pieces.. I used WD40 to remove the glue. worked like a charm..no harm to the paint. I then applied some wax and off I went into the sunset.
E

if your bike is fairly new, it should peel off with your fingers. if there is any glue left on, wax or WD40 will take it off. be careful thou, black is easy to scratch. if your bike is older then i woukld use a blow dryer. good luck.:thumbsup:

hey guys and girls.....if anyone is looking for extra decals, i'm set up to make them. from 1" to 24" any color. PM me for more details. :beerchug:

Back