stickers stickers stickers

03busa40th

Registered
I tryed to remove the rear suzuki stickers as a start to removing all of them, but I pulled the sticker off, and it left the damn glue stip....
banghead.gif
 Then I proceded to 'rub the glue off and in the process I 'rubbed' the paint right off of the damn bike in one spot!!!!!!!  
banghead.gif
all the way to the black of the plastic, it just 'came off' in one chip??? I guess it got to hot and I was rubbing to hard.
banghead.gif

Please please please tell me the best what to remove the friggen stickers!!!!
banghead.gif
:  I hate stickers!!!!!!
banghead.gif

banghead.gif

banghead.gif

Thanks in advance guys!!!
Rocky, Cheers

banghead.gif

banghead.gif

banghead.gif

banghead.gif

banghead.gif

banghead.gif

heat gun, wax and grease remover. dont use too much heat just enough to loosen the glue and pull. Then whats left will come right off with wax and grease remover.

Be aware old stickers or even stickers that have been exposed to sunlight will leave ghost images where the once where.

i used acetone, use it fast and it will not hurt anything.
the heatgun will do the trick also.

Thanks guys
bowdown.gif
I am going to do it 2moro morning when off work. I hope I dont loose any more paint to the "sticker fairy"
beerchug.gif

heat gun or hair dryer, just get them warm and work a corner then pull slowly while adding heat ahead of where your pulling the sticker. pull slowly!! and watch the ends that wrap around the fairings at the front, they can pull all the paint off if they are too cold or you pull too fast!

then take some fine cut cleaner (mequiars) and hand rub till it's all clean. then some wax and your all good.

The warmer you can make it the better. If you can take the plastic into your house and let it warm up it should peel right off. I hate removing stickers during winter. Usually they just chip and come off in tiny pieces. I wait until summer to do mine. I took my kanji off in one whole piece. Glue and all.

I just took my stickers off my bike (tank, and warning sticker on right plastic), and I used some aerosol bumper sticker remover from Advanced Auto. It worked incredible, didn't mess with the clear coat at all. And cost under $5. Definitely recommend to anyone.
thumb_up.gif

Honda Polish will take that goo right off.

--Wag--

the decal eraser..... KS-Waterbug can vouch for it
smile.gif
I think he said under 2 minutes to remove all his?

I used WD-40 to get rid of the "sticky stuff". I sprayed it on and let it sit a few minutes then wiped it off with a rag.....

get the decal warm, spray this on, gently lift an edge of the sticker, this will dissolve the glue, spray more as you pull the decal

small_0409.JPG

I just took my stickers off my bike (tank, and warning sticker on right plastic), and I used some aerosol bumper sticker remover from Advanced Auto. It worked incredible, didn't mess with the clear coat at all. And cost under $5. Definitely recommend to anyone.
thumb_up.gif
+1 works real well
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Well, I just took my tank stickers off with a hair drier and some WD40 to get the gook off. But There is still a thin film of glue on the tank that just don't seem to want to come off for anything! I guess it will just have to wear off naturally. Or maybe i'll pick up a can up that bumper sticker remover as noted above.

Back