bu bye stickas

Luvanicebum

Registered
As I was finishing peeling off all the frame stickers.
I decided to peel off ALL the stickers minus the Kanji
and the rear GSX1300R one.  Looks so much betta.
Too bad the tank ones are clearcoated in...oh well.
Winter projects.

RsideBusa2__Medium_.jpg

I took the stickers off the tail as well... gives it a nice clean look... I am debating on taking of the kanji as well... still up in the air about it...

I think I'm going to do them all but I want to get 2 small black Kanjis for the front. and straight black GSX1300R for the back. I already have a big black "13" on the back.

If you take off ALL the stickers, how will people know what you've got?

wink.gif

I like the clean look, now that I see what your bike looks like I may do the same, minutes away...not to beat a dead horse, but I have a '07 black/black...it does have a pinch of blue pearl/mica in it, it is very noticable in the sunlight. Anyways, sticker coming off.

I'm interested in removing all my stickers too. Suzis are gone from nose and tail, warning stickers are gone and I've just started pulling the side panel stickers. How the F*** do you get the clearcoated ones off nicely? I would guess using a razor on a verrry oblique almost parallel angle to free the sticker and then using a heatgun on a mild setting to loosen it? What's the consensus on this?

(MrHans @ Jun. 15 2007,11:10) I'm interested in removing all my stickers too. Suzis are gone from nose and tail, warning stickers are gone and I've just started pulling the side panel stickers. How the F*** do you get the clearcoated ones off nicely? I would guess using a razor on a verrry oblique almost parallel angle to free the sticker and then using a heatgun on a mild setting to loosen it? What's the consensus on this?
I would avoid cutting into the clearcoat to remover those stickers. Chances are pretty good that there's just flat black paint and no gloss under there. Unless you're getting your tank painted. I would wait till then.
Let the painter remove them, he may use a different technique...sanding....

(RYC1966 @ Jun. 15 2007,06:07) I like the clean look, now that I see what your bike looks like I may do the same, minutes away...not to beat a dead horse, but I have a '07 black/black...it does have a pinch of blue pearl/mica in it, it is very noticable in the sunlight. Anyways, sticker coming off.
yea.....rub it in why don't ya!
wink.gif

That's alright, someday I'm gonna have a crazy lookin Busa.
I'm thinking on doing a complete Carbon Fiber bike.
$10,000 includes OPP Tank, All OPP Fairings (Inners, tail section, hump, hugger) , BST Wheels.

It'll look ........Pissa dude!
beerchug.gif

(Luvanicebum @ Jun. 15 2007,05:22)
(MrHans @ Jun. 15 2007,11:10) I'm interested in removing all my stickers too. Suzis are gone from nose and tail, warning stickers are gone and I've just started pulling the side panel stickers. How the F*** do you get the clearcoated ones off nicely? I would guess using a razor on a verrry oblique almost parallel angle to free the sticker and then using a heatgun on a mild setting to loosen it? What's the consensus on this?
I would avoid cutting into the clearcoat to remover those stickers.  Chances are pretty good that there's just flat black paint and no gloss under there.   Unless you're getting your tank painted.  I would wait till then.
Let the painter remove them, he may use a different technique...sanding....
I wont be whipping out my boxcutter and heat gun soon on this, trust me. I am however curious as to how to get the tank stickers off cleanly. I'll want to do it over this winter break so I've got some time to research this.
wink.gif

I took mine off and replaced them with my own design Thanks to 1320busa !

post_12_46608_rear_decal.jpg

I like to be incognito, under the radar, stealth and a distant memory even.
No letters, no numbers, no defining tags of any kind. I think I'm
going to strip the entire bike clean.
Wanna knwo what I'm riding?..............Ketchup!

Back