easiest way to get these stickers off?!

myfirstbusa

Registered
I just got done unstickering my K9... ALMOST! WTF is up with the gas tank stickers being UNDER the clearcoat?! How did all you guys get yours off? All the rest I just peeled off, usually in just one piece, and used Invisible Glass to clean off the residue. Took me about 45 minutes to do! Any help on this is much appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff

These are the stickers in question

resized blacked out Busa2.jpg

and no I'm not running around without cans... this old girl is getting a makeover and my buddy is "attempting" the shorty can mod for me til I get a different system/cans.

yes those stickers are under the clear , if your looking to repaint they can remove them when they strip it , other wise your stuck with them !
sorry !

welp, guess she's getting a paint job! haha. I can't leave JUST those stickers on there. Oh well, I'm in the mood for something wild anyways... of course, the base will still be the fastest color...:whistle:

A good paint man can take down the clear, remove the stripe, and shoot a new coat or two of clear. :thumbsup:

I don't think so...

I recall at least a couple owners of Gen II's on this board that have claimed to have removed them this way. I don't know squat about paint but it sounded kinda scary to me. If I'm wrong please correct me as I sure as hell don't want someone attacking their tank with sandpaper because they "read it on the internet". :beerchug:

I ruined my my nieces gas tank trying to remove clear coat covered decals from her Honda spirit with a heat gun :( She had just got the bike too I felt horrible an still do even though she painted it :(

... is now searching staples.com for "black metal-flake sharpie" :rofl:

if I was any good at photoshop I would try to come up with some schemes for the old girl... but I'm blind when it comes to that kind of stuff.

Back