Sticker removal

samw5

Registered
I've read and tried a lot of different things to remove those stock stickers from bikes... I just found the best ever way to remove them bar none!

Dremel with buffing tool attachement, low RPM, the sticker "melts" and makes a mess without touching any of the paint underneath.

Once the sticker has been mixed up use some Goo Gone or other sticker remover to clean up the mess, it'll come right off!

DREMEL FTW!

Glad it worked for you, but I don't think the stickers are on hard enough to require a Dremel. Goo-Gone and a hair dryer do it everytime.

I took my sticker off on my 07 Busa. I used a Heat gun to pull out the sticker. when I got the kanji stickers off it left the adhesive on the Flarings. I have never seen such tough adhesive before. I tried numerous product to get the adhesive off.

1. Gasoline (Super Unleaded)
argue.gif
- No reaction to adhesive
2. WD-40 - No Reaction
3. 3M Decal adhesive remover - Very Verly little needs lot of hard rubbing.
4. Pure Alcohol - No reaction
5. Goo Gone - Very Verly little needs lot of hard rubbing.
6. Tried Buffing it with Wax remover / Cleaner - Adhesive no reaction. took some clear off and soem paint.

Best thing to get it off is with a Dremel. Wet Buff with the Polisher using the 3m or Good gone. They work nicely and didnt eveporate fast and cooled down the surface while being buffed.

Hair dryer alone took mine off. Just the right amount of heat and they peeled right off. No goo or any residue left behind to get off at all. Don't heat to much and pull real slow. Touch of wax,wipe it down,ready to go.

I found using the sticker removal wand works great just 1 wave and they are gone.... you can get off Elfbay or other good magical outlets...
lurk.gif

Back