kanji sticker removal

texas-buzzard

Registered
I used a heat gun to remove the decal but it left the glue. I tried goo gone, wd-40, and 3m adhesive removal but the barely softed the glue. Any suggestions?

Goo gone should have done it, Did you let it sit on the glue for just a little while, Dont let it dry on there but you have to let it sit there long enough to loosen up the glue.

I let it set for several min. but it didn't soften it. I noticed there are several GOO-GONE products available, which one should i get. i am useing a scratched lower panel as a test before i start on my good one.

Here is the one I have always used.

GOO GONE
AUTOMOTIVE SPRAY GEL

===================================================================

goo gone.jpg

thanks for the pict. looks like the gel might give it more time to soften the glue. the stuff i got was thin and evaporated quickly.

I tried acetone as stated above and it removed some of the coloring off the fairing... what a pain in the a55 to get these damn things off...

The glue base is very thick on the kanji decals. i finally started spraying goo gone on a small area and used a credit card to scrape the glue while it is soft. i repeated this several times and then the remainder came off with a rag. it is a slow process.

I know this is a year later but must say that the Kanji sticker glue that is left after you peel is VERY difficult to remove! I tried several different adhesive removers with zero luck and afraid to try acetone etc that might further damage my fairings. I have one side done after many hours of scrubbing with an eraser and now trying to get rid of the scratches. Not looking forward to the other side...

i used gas regardless of what everyone else said and it worked pretty fast. i just put it directly on a non scratch rag and went in a circular motion with it for like one minute and it takes it right off. i did both sides in less than five minutes once the actual sticker was off.(the sticker itself was the hard part):thumbsup:

I used a heat gun to remove the decal but it left the glue. I tried goo gone, wd-40, and 3m adhesive removal but the barely softed the glue. Any suggestions?

Most all vinyl sign shops carry a product called Rapid Remover, if you can find a small independant sign shop that might just happen to also be a cycle enthusiast they would probably help you out for free or maybe a small fee. The stuff is expensive but works like magic, will NOT harm paint as well, water soluable citrus based adhesive remover. If ya came to my shop I'd take the glue off in 5 seconds and send you on your way.

http://www.rapidtac.com/products/remover.html

Last edited:
i just took all the warning stickers off my bike on painted surfaces and just sprayed OFF( mosquito repelent) waitied ten seconds wiped it off and wasx the surface, is that easy. no heat gun or anything lke that. been doing this on my cars for years as I pretty much debage everything I own..that is worth to anyways

Its Funny how one person has no problems and the next has a nightmare.

I removed all the stickers offf Misty with very little effort, HOWEVER once I decided to remove the Kanjis from the fairings it was a whole new ballgame, I wouldnt recommend doing this to anyone.

Started with Goo-B-Gone then Goo-B-Gone's industrail stuff, then Vegetable oil then 3Ms adhesive remover, ( Finally got the majority off ) took it to a local body shop where they buffed it to make it look good. The other side I started with the 3M and it didnt come off as well as the first side. Took that one to the body shop they did the same thing but there is a very light ghost of the Kanji, You cant even see it unless your right up on it.

But like I said, I wouldnt recommend doing it if your not ready to work your azz off

For those of you that have had them come right off :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I was also going to take off the GSXR1300 off the tail section but saw a thread where someone tried and the paint came with it.

yea, i'm in the process of taking my stickers off an replacing them with new one's that i made. i had to take a heat gun and then peel with my finger nails, :hot::hot::hot:...then i used a polish wax to take the glue off, it came off easy.:thumbsup:

try Tuff Stuff foam cleaner I use it to remove the window tint glue leave it for a few seconds and wipe off with a cloth

img.jpg

when i removed my kanji logo, i just pulled the sticker off. it left very little residue if any. and what was left washed off with soap and water. i didnt use heat or anything.
if you're still having issues, a buddy of mine turned me on to "tarminator". it's made by stoner. the same company who makes invisible glass and other detailing products.. i use it on my wheels. great stuff, just be sure to lay a good coat of wax on afterwards though, because it'll strip that off.

not sure if its been mentioned but I think I used some 3M adhesive remover on mine (did it about a month ago)... but its gunna be tough! no doubt... I used goo gone, wd-40, soaked in wd-40 overnight.... and i found the 3M to be the best

Back