sticker removal

ambulldog

Donating Member
Registered
so i got all set up for the torterous task of removing the stickers. had the heat gun, goo gone and a ton of lint free rags. a friend told me to heat up just enough to start peeling. then let it cool a little then peel. all i can say is i never had to use the goo gone. all stickers were off and i was done in less than 10 minutes. luck or what?

ya mine took a while to do. The clear came off the decal then I was using my finger nail for an hour, then goo gone then waxed the tank!

for me the stickers came off the tank and fairing with ease. The frame was a pain.
banghead.gif

Luckier than me , mine started to peel , then broke , then peeled and broke , took a good hour

didn't mess with the swing arm but I just let it sit in the Colorado sun for awhile and them puppy's just pulled right off.

Yeah...I found that out too...particularly when I peeled off the large fairing decals.

If you heat them too much, they come off in pieces leaving the adhesive behind. A little cooler and everything comes off in one piece.

I spent about 40 minutes on the tank stickers. The ones on the inner fairing came right off. I hesitated on the frame ones and finally left them alone. Do most people remove these as well?

Told the supplier to remove all my stickers before i picked up the bike coz they are a pain to get off..... why have a dog and bark yourself

I was not so lucky either. Had to break out the finger nails and the goo gone. Frame stickers were tough too. Time well spent though.

I guess I lucked out too. Peeled a corner off one just started to see how hard it would be and it came off without any breakage nor glue left behind. So in turn I proceeded to peeled all the fairing cowl and tank stickers the same way...

dsc00057.jpg

Peeled mine off the tank last night and was a pain. Heated it up and the clear part came off. Had to stick the goo be gone on it, and it finally came off, like 30 minute job, sucked!

I think it might depend how long they have been on there and how much exposure to the sun they have had. Mine peeled right off, but I did it the day I brought the bike home...

Mine peeled off with the girl's hairdryer getting put to use. The big one on the tank peeled the clear off and my fingernail got the rest. But, it still only took about 10 minutes. I didn't do the swingarm.

I just said heck with it and left them on who care if I look like a squid still ride the crap out of her
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

Back