removing stickers from stock fairings (it's a mod)

masada_1

Registered
I'm not just looking to remove the warning stickers and such ... actually looking to get rid of all the stickers and go down to one color. I have an 03 silver/gray. I would like to get rd of the big stickers which contain the gray.

First, I'm assuming it's completely painted silver before the sticker/decal is placed?

If so, what is the best way to remove? Carefully with a heatgun? I'm alittle skeptical of using goo gone on that much surface area and what it may do to the paint.

Anyone done this before (I'm sure lots have). Any insight?

<!--EDIT|masada_1
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109948525 -->

I thought about doing that before too but then i thought what im i gonna do when i get to the gas tank
blush.gif

I've never done it but most will say only was a hair dryer on low. A heat gun get to hot and you could warp your plastics.

I thought about doing that before too but then i thought what im i gonna do when i get to the gas tank
blush.gif
Very good point! Front fender as well! With the clear coat, it would make it a little difficult!

I may do it anyway, leave the tank, and the front fender gray.

What do you think?

Hmm dont know bout leaving the tank. If it looks good you can probably get someone to paint it for a couple hundred bucks

I removed my stickers from the fairing of my 05. Used a heat gun, heated the area, they came right off.

i think the 05s are made a little cheaper than the later models....Cause the nose on mine is painted not stickered

Good luck trying to peel that gray decal off. I don't think you'll have much luck considering it's paint.

Up until '04 the body panels are all paint except for the chrome kanji decal. Yes there is a ridge and that's nothing more than the thickness of the seconday color coat over the original.

I removed my stickers from the fairing of my 05. Used a heat gun, heated the area, they came right off.
I haven't really examined an '05 all that closely yet, but aren't there just a few decals used for a fade effect along with paint of the same color for the solids?

Got any pics of what you bike looks like now with those decals missing?

Good luck trying to peel that gray decal off.  I don't think you'll have much luck considering it's paint.

Up until '04 the body panels are all paint except for the chrome kanji decal.  Yes there is a ridge and that's nothing more than the thickness of the seconday color coat over the original.
i planned on painting not pealing but he front fairing of the 05s is a sticker

The 05 "sticker" scheme on the bike makes me count my blessings I got an 04. It cheapens the machine horribly. A friend of mine who is the GM at Walt Healy Motorsports in Calgary pointed out something very interesting. The color scheme/graphics on the 05's are very familiar to 99-02 Kawasaki ZX-9r/ZX-6r paint/decal schemes and points directly to the "love-in" Kawi and Suzi are in with sharing R & D on their products.... kinda blows... whats next??? ZX1300R with with Suzi paint schemes??

Back