Reef tank setup

Rich

Registered
I finally got my reef tank setup going. I am just waiting on getting the cabets done. Who else has a setup?

Reef_Tank_04172005__1_.JPG

Oh, nice!!!  How long have you had it set up?  Looks like it's already been cycled, yet the sand is so clean?!  

I have a 120 gallon in my kitchen...love it, but damn, it's a lot of work and money!  
wink.gif
  I'll see if I can find a pic...wait, you've been a member for a while now...probably seen me posting about it?
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: "had a realization...light bulb...you know..."|1114024631 -->

Here is one of the hammer head that I have. This one is doing awesome. When I first got it, there was no green at all.

Hammer_Coral_20050409.JPG

Heres one of the orange spotted watchman gobies.  I have a pair.
It's SpongeBob! That's what my kids named ours...

So, how old is the setup? Just get the live rock? Questions, questions!! You get that thing going, and we'll exchange frags for free! I've got tons of frags; just broke up my candy cane coral because it's going nuts...

Gawd, you're making me want to get into it again.

Beautiful! Looks like technology hasn't changed all that much in the last 10 years since I last had a tank.

--Wag--

Hey Wag, technology probably hasn't changed much, but my husband did come up with an great way to do water changes...

He had a hole drilled in the bottom right side of the tank, toward the back...put a ball valve on there, then took the piping and plumbed it in to our house plumbing...to do a water change, I just flip this valve open, drain water out, then use a pump and hose to pump in the newly made salt water...takes about 5 minutes to do a water change now...

cool.gif

Here is my neighbors cup coral (his tank cracked so I am taking care of it. It used to be bright yellow but he did not have bright enough lights to keep the color. It was a dark brown when I put it in my tank.

Cup_Coral_04172005.JPG

Oh, nice!!!  How long have you had it set up?  Looks like it's already been cycled, yet the sand is so clean?!  

I have a 120 gallon in my kitchen...love it, but damn, it's a lot of work and money!  
wink.gif
  I'll see if I can find a pic...wait, you've been a member for a while now...probably seen me posting about it?  
smile.gif
Thanks, I have had it for about 3 months. I the gobies and a paddle crap that is always digging in the sand. It is a 140 gallon and then I have a 30 gallon sump.refugium.

My goal is to one day get salt-water tank placed in the wall of my hallway. I know it is a grand expenditure.

Go ahead and shoot down my aspirations and give me some estimate ranges on a 55-gallon setup.

What the HEY!!!!!!!!  I thought I clicked on Reef Central!!!

Looking good Rich!!

I have a 36 gal bowfront that's been up and running for almost a year.  I also have an 18 gal nano that's been set up for about 6 months. I've been involved with marine aquariums since I was a teenager.  At some point later this year, I'll probably combine both tanks into a 90 or maybe even a 125.  

Here's a little hitchhiker I got from Tampa Bay Saltwater's Live Rock.

Here's my 36. Not the best pics but..........

<!--EDIT|FL Knifemaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114027198 -->

Awesome FL!!! What a hitchhiker?! Why is it that I always get the unwanted hitchhikers that destroy my livestock?!
wink.gif

I've ordered from TB Saltwater in the past; good place...

Back