Rebuilt 02 Busa

Did you have any problems with the paperwork? Did NH allow you to take the bike and papers down at the same time?

Bad enough I have to take off work not one but two days to get this done.

I'm hoping like crazy there aren't any issues... My sons been waiting almost a year to the date to finally be able to ride this bike (other than around the block)...

After being on this forum and seeing all these Busa's, I'm really thinking hard about getting one for myself!

But mine would be stretched, lowered and turbo-charged...:laugh:

For NH, you need to have the original crash estimate, that should have come fro the insurance company! The salvage title, receipts for all parts, and work completed!
The State trooper that looks at the bike was shocked that i had everything in order!
Just make sure that they mark you new title paperwork the wright color, that the bike will be. At the time of inspection in NH i didn't have to have it painted for the inspection!

Took all the paper & receipts down to DMV, took about 5 minutes to fill out the paperwork and now have an appointment to bring the bike down Wed, 15 July for inspection.

So far everything has been way smooth!

Only thing they didn't tell me about previously was that I needed to bring before & after pics of the bike.

Told the inspector that nobody told me that previously and that it was not specified on the DMV Requirements. I did tell her I had some pics of it during the rebuild though.

She said no problem, those would work.

Haven't got any phone calls from them either so I'm taking that as an even better sign! :thumbsup:

Tomorrow is the day, 0800 appointment. Still no phone calls about any of the paperwork...

Got to print off the during and after photos tonight.

Feel like I did when I was waiting for my 1st child to be born... ???

Wow!

It's finally all over with... That was my first but perhaps not my last time going through the DMV for putting a rebuilt Busa back on the road.

Everything went smooth once we got there. Had some serious problems with the brand new printer deciding not to work at 0530 the morning of the inspection. When I finally figured out that I needed to uninstall & reinstall the software, I was out of time and had to get moving in order to make the DMV appointment. Without the required pics...

As luck would have it, a truck with 4 rebuilt cars pulled up into the parking lot right after we did. So the one woman working the office was bouncing back & forth between us when another guy pulled in needing a trailer inspected!

The Inspector didn't make us start the bike or turn anything on (glad because I'm not sure if the Hi-beam was still having issues like the night before).

Bike has a new VIN# & FL Title!

Thanks to all the members that have been helping me out with information and such over the past year!

Special thanks to John at S-R Racing! None of it would have been possible without your assistance...:beerchug:

Now if I can talk the wife into me getting a Busa while I start the frame-up restoration/modification on my 124" HD.:whistle:

Lowered, stretched & turbo'd Busa of course...:laugh:

Last edited:
:cheerleader::cheerleader:Thats great,congrats to you both on a day of many firsts-now that you've done it,building another one is just an 'O honey this one will be easy' away:laugh: We want first ride pics and such:rulez::beerchug::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have done several "totaled bikes" in Oregon and no problems, did one in Washington. Totaled bike that took all of 2 days to put back togather. Took it to the DMV for inspection and reciepts for parts which there was a few, got a rebuilt title, sold the bike to a friend and when he put it in his name the title came back unbranded.

So wait with a new vin and title how will a future buyer know the bike was totaled and rebuilt. I just rebuilt my Bike here in Ca and my title says the bike was previously salvaged.

BigSimp, the new title states the bike is a 2009 ASPT (Assembled from Parts). This rebuild was done with the intent of riding it for a long time...

Last edited:
I got the 02 black & blue! Love the colors! :thumbsup:

P1070747.JPG

BigSimp, the new title states the bike is a 2009 ASPT (Assembled from Parts). This rebuild was done with the intent of riding it for a long time...

Oh OK, It wasnt an attept to flame, Its just I rebuilt my 06 from a similar situation and I felt like Ca gave my bike a title with a Scarlet letter by saying previously salvaged. I just wish I could get a ASPT title, the only thing from my 06 is the frame and forks.

No worries! I wasn't thinking of it as a flame.

Here in FL they wouldn't let me do this as a "Rebuilt" because this bike originally came with a "Destruct" title after USAA got done with their handy work. I thought it was going to be a nightmare but it was painless. Without the oRg. I would have been lost!

Back