Rcc stage 2 for gen 2

Kidbusa32

Registered
Currently layawaying a rcc stage 2 kit for my gen 2. Do u guys thinks its worth just getting street strip kit or can i eventually upgrade stage 2 with bigger turbo etc

What's the full build going to look like?
62lb injectors
Billet rail
?
That's the game plan. And go all in on engine. 1397 bore. Some headwork new cams etc etc Build prob won't be done for at least a year 1/2 at best.

That's the game plan. And go all in on engine. 1397 bore. Some headwork new cams etc etc Build prob won't be done for at least a year 1/2 at best.
most any builder is gonna tell u to stay stock bore on a streetbike… up to 600 hp.... the tune is a grand.. motor build will be 5000... whatever u plan on spending... double it... its worth using a REPUTABLE builder.... have a real conversation with a real builder about pricing and goals and what HAS TO be done to get to where u need....

62lb injectors
Billet rail
?
62lb injectors
Billet rail
?
most any builder is gonna tell u to stay stock bore on a streetbike… up to 600 hp.... the tune is a grand.. motor build will be 5000... whatever u plan on spending... double it... its worth using a REPUTABLE builder.... have a real conversation with a real builder about pricing and goals and what HAS TO be done to get to where u need....
Das performance is a mile from my house Eric paquette there is one of the best. Not sure if your familiar with him. Engine work won't begin til next fall or winter. Probably gonna cost at least another 10 grand after turbo which I'm expecting

Das performance is a mile from my house Eric paquette there is one of the best. Not sure if your familiar with him. Engine work won't begin til next fall or winter. Probably gonna cost at least another 10 grand after turbo which I'm expecting
There's defintly worse things to spend money on! that's what I tell myself lol

maybe I should give frank a call tomoro.
u should.. hes a great dude... hell school you.. just make sure u have some time to talk.. lots of things to discuss, very very friendly guy... even if u don't choose him as the builder, he will point u where u need to go, and pitfalls to avoid

I'm new to,
u should.. hes a great dude... hell school you.. just make sure u have some time to talk.. lots of things to discuss, very very friendly guy... even if u don't choose him as the builder, he will point u where u need to go, and pitfalls to avoid
Absouloutly and thank u. I appreciate all the advise from u guys ill keep ya posted

Who the hell charges a grand for a tune?

for a full map on this gen1 bike was 700-900.... AND if u wanna run it on c16.... gotta drain the tank and tune for c16... point is.. some people budget 250 bucks for a turbo tune... it doesn't work like that

Last edited:
for a full map on this gen1 bike was 700-900.... AND if u wanna run it on c16.... gotta drain the tank and tune for c16... point is.. some people budget 250 bucks for a turbo tune... it doesn't work like that
A tune is a tune. Turbo, blower, spray or all motor. A turbo tune isn't more expensive than any other....

Out here I was quoted anywhere from 450 to 800 for a tune. My buddy wanted to get his bike tuned thru the ecu and was charged 1000 bucks for a poop tune. After that he had to send ecu to get flashed back to stock and sold the bike. People up here don't know how to tune na bikes let along forced induction bikes. Lot of us learn it and self tune our bikes. I will be making a thread on a 2009 r1 that's in my garage that hit man performance built. It's a total mess. Personally if you can afford it send the bike to boosted performance or powerhouse. That's my plan for my turbo bike. With the money your going to blow on building a bike spend it at a shop that has good rep. And if they're busy as good time and have a long wait. There's a good reason why they so busy

wrong.. kid is going from a NA bike to a boosted bike... a whole map has to be built...
I'm aware. A tune is a tune. You put a set of baseline parameters into whatever you're using for engine management so it will run and modify from there. A turbo tune isn't some dark art that can be only revealed to those with deep pockets, it's exactly the same as any other tune with different target values. This poop ain't rocket science bruh. A good, conscientious tuner will set you up with what you need, and not charge you an arm and a leg for it, and your bike will live. Yes, putting a turbo on a bike is not cheap, and there are many hidden costs that people don't think about when putting a build together, but the actual tune itself is not one of them. Hell, your own tuner said that a grand is high......

Back