Rating

Copperone

One of the Few, the proud -
Donating Member
Registered
Hi all... I am rated as a 3 on the board. Not exactly sure why but that won't stop me from helping my fellow riders and members on the site in any way I can. I try to make meaninful contributions to the board, and I will support any cause we are persuing on the board. I have met and ridden with several members on the site and found them to be very interesting and nice people. So... as long as I am accepted my most of the folks on the site, I guess rating won't mean much to me. Don't expect a lot of feedback on this, but as always your comments are always welcome and important. Thanks

It's not that important and it will jerk around a bit before everything settles down anyhow. Don't sweat it!

Nice post...ok, I have not rated you because I have not talked with you . For me, the rating really means something when I give a person a 5...or what ever number I give.

I think Ive only rated 20 people, and those people Ive either talked to on the phone or pm or have done business with them. I dont tend to rate just on a thread post because we all have our days.

Today I might be a 1 in someones book because they dont like my political view, but next week I might be a 5 because they find out Im a giving guy and despite of my political views that doesnt make me a bad person....so I tend not to rate someone after reading a few posts by them, as you can hardly know someone from a few posts, and as Ive been told a rating cant be undone, so I want to be completely fair in the way I rate someone...to me this gives the rating system some meaning, thus not becoming some useless tool just used to boost or deflate egos.

Anyhow, just my $.02

beerchug.gif

(Valium @ Nov. 03 2006,17:53) Nice post...ok, I have not rated you because I have not talked with you . For me, the rating really means something when I give a person a 5...or what ever number I give.

I think Ive only rated 20 people, and those people Ive either talked to on the phone or pm or have done business with them. I dont tend to rate just on a thread post because we all have our days.

Today I might be a 1 in someones book because they dont like my political view, but next week I might be a 5 because they find out Im a giving guy and despite of my political views that doesnt make me a bad person....so I tend not to rate someone after reading a few posts by them, as you can hardly know someone from a few posts, and as Ive been told a rating cant be undone, so I want to be completely fair in the way I rate someone...to me this gives the rating system some meaning, thus not becoming some useless tool just used to boost or deflate egos.

Anyhow, just my $.02

beerchug.gif
+1

CAp says we will be able to re-rate soon, my guess is someone made a mistake and couldnt fix it.

Rating meas a lot to me, but I wont take it to heart.

(Copperone @ Nov. 03 2006,17:42) Hi all... I am rated as a 3 on the board.  Not exactly sure  why but that won't stop me from helping my fellow riders and members on the site in any way I can.  I try to make meaninful contributions to the board, and I will support any cause we are persuing on the board.  I have met and ridden with several members on the site and found them to be very interesting and nice people.  So... as long as I am accepted my most of the folks on the site, I guess rating won't mean much to me.  Don't expect a lot of feedback on this, but as always your comments are always welcome and important.  Thanks
In time it will all work out...we have a lot of new people on the board that do
not know you yet.
biggrin.gif
They don't know who, what they are missing
wink.gif

the rating scale is a joke its not based on any thing solid so if you say somthing that pisses somone off they give you a bad rating and you cant defend your self against them because you dont even know who gave you a bad score I have not rated any body I dont know if your a 1 or a 5 just cause you said fuk him or screw you every body has there opinion should be more for if you have done business with that member then you can rate them other wise its just going to be a wast of time and if you have a low score its just cause your opinionated kinda like me
wow.gif

(heavybusa @ Nov. 03 2006,21:19) Rating meas a lot to me, but I wont take it to heart.
I see you have a perfect "5"...
poke.gif

<marquee>
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif
</marquee>

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

(Spigga @ Nov. 04 2006,00:28)
(heavybusa @ Nov. 03 2006,21:19) Rating meas a lot to me, but I wont take it to heart.
poke.gif

<marquee>
firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif
</marquee>
Yeah, but that's easily changed.....
No, I'm not gonna rate him just to watch it get lower.

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

This rating system is not objective at all with any quantifiable factors. It is just like a survey from an anonymous organization. Rate me from 1 to 5. Feels like the Org is issuing credit scores too. Actually it was designed to work in conjunction with the Auction site as far as I can tell.
The ratings really chapped my hide at first since I went from 5 to 2.16 overnight but it has steadily settled near 4 now that I have been rated by well over twenty people.

(Spike @ Nov. 03 2006,20:28) hmmm, so if I have a zero it means what?  Noone has rated me?
Yep I believe so. And I have done plenty of deals here. Go fig.
post-52-02136-welcome.gif

It really makes sense for the rating system to be used for the auction and other people we do business with on the site. The idea of using the rating system to make someone look bad is really pretty childish. But in reality what really matters is what we do for each other, and how we can help each other in what ever way is needed. Thats what motorcycling has always been about to me. Riding, being free and being part of a very special bonded brotherhood. Thats the was it used to be and that is the was it should be now. I am who I am, and the rating system isn't going to change that. The folks I have actually been able to meet have been great guys and hard riders and the rating system isn't going to change that either.

(Mr Brown @ Nov. 04 2006,01:30)
(Spigga @ Nov. 04 2006,00:28)
poke.gif

<marquee>
firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif
</marquee>
Yeah, but that's easily changed.....
No, I'm not gonna rate him just to watch it get lower.
Thanks guys!!
cool.gif

And to think I rated all yall a 5.
super.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

Back