Random thought but considering it.

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Can't believe I'm going to say this in public but I'm considering selling Blanca.
She has sat on the stands for almost two months, one of which the family has been gone for.
This far south the roads SUCK. Plain and simple. I've ridden all day to find supposed nice roads only to laugh at their existence and that folks actually bragged about them. I have to force myself to find a destination and ride. Just can't hop on and go for a ride a there are no decent places to go. Not really a question of finances although I could use the money for something else. It is just getting more difficult to justify the payment and bike with no real time or place to ride. Working sixty plus hours now and when I'm off I feel obligated to spend time with family and at this point in his life I enjoy time in the canoe on the lake with Adam more than a ride to nowhere down a flat road near a bunch of cagers trying to kill me.
As many know I'm member on soflasportbikes.com. Weekly if not daily I see 'rider down' threads. The last one is still shaking me as it was someone I conversed with one night then next day he was gone, killed.
I can't fathom my family without me but I can fathom myself without the bike.

There I said it. :(

I know the feeling, every time you turn around someone's going down, the good part about mine is I only owe 3 payments and I'm done...

Paid for or not isn't entering into the equation.
I just don't enjoy riding it much anymore as its totally boring here.
Thinking about selling this and buying a 600 something track bike.
They do that twice a month here at PBIR. Will get more fun from that one time than a years riding on the streets here.

It always saddens me to see people having to sell things they love or even contemplating it but you have to do what you feel is best for you and your family and if that means sacrificing an item of leisure I can respect that decision

Ah man that sucks. You have do do whats best for you and sometimes that means making hard decisions. I feel for ya. Maybe a move to a better area is in your future?

It always saddens me to see people having to sell things they love or even contemplating it but you have to do what you feel is best for you and your family and if that means sacrificing an item of leisure I can respect that decision

I think even if a group of twenty got together every weekend and rode I'd still feel the same.
I'm so far south it's simply a grid pattern. There is nowhere within a days ride of here worth bragging about other than the local tracks. There is always an article regarding an elderly person turning in front of a biker.
I myself got completely run over in 2001.

What has really pushed me this far is fact that family has been gone like out of the country for a month.
I could have ridden it all day and into the night every night if I wanted to . But alas I just look at her and think to myself 'where'? And come up clueless.

Been there with those same thoughts many times...it's a very personal decision that you and only you can make...

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

i ride back and forth to work every day...if you cant even find the enjoyment in that....dont know what to tell you...as for cagers...DEVELOP THAT 6TH SENSE

i ride back and forth to work every day...if you cant even find the enjoyment in that....dont know what to tell you...as for cagers...DEVELOP THAT 6TH SENSE

Chris I live in the 5th wettest county in the country.
I live less than five miles from work. And riding to and from in rush hour traffic is asking to die.
My chances are better playing Russian roulette.

Everyone changes and if you don't have fun riding anymore then why let it sit. I hope I never get to that point but I live out in BFE and a good ride for me is just around the corner. Good luck and as always be safe in whatever you do. I went fishing Sunday for the first time in 8 years. Pole was being a POS and I only caught one fish. But being out on the lake with my girl and no one else was VERY relaxing. Can't wait to go again even if I don't catch anything.

the Keys are no fun? If you want I'll hole the bike for ya

Boating, fishing, scuba diving, and all things water related the keys rock.
But again the road in and the only road out is flat, long and straight.
Been there some that.
So for a bike yes the keys are boring.
I'd rather have a 20ft open fisherman sitting around because at least the whole family could enjoy it.

I know how you feel not riding as much as I used to myself, but when I do feel like riding it's nice to have it there if I wanted to go for a ride and it wasn't there I would feel like crap. I remember after I got bored the first time I walked away from riding months later I felt like riding and had nothing to ride and every time I saw a biker it was like someone twisting a needle in me.

But if you would rather change toys it's all good we can't all be Jay Leno, just adds to the toy collection never subtracts:laugh:

Can't move. I'm too tied to SoFla and most especially the weather.
My wife's entire family is in Miami. And my toes are still cold from Robbinsville.
:laugh:

Step daughters father is here, Adams grandparents are here, there is nothing else for me anywhere.
It would seem very selfish to put all thru that just for me to have good roads to ride.

I feel you. I went through this a few years back and took time off. Going through the same funk again. Ive made up my mind to sell the bike. Do what ya need to do. Bikes will come and go.

Back