Random thought but considering it.

my bike sits on stands almost 6 months a year. but when it does come out of the shop for the summer, :cheerleader: WooHoo here we go!

my buddy John takes his Beemer off the stands once a year. 1 ride a year, that's about it for him.
ok, so it can be a 10,000 - 46,000mi ride, but when he gets back home, it's back on the stands til next year

take a long trip my friend. get out and see some of this country.

i don't ride very much around town. but i sure do get out and ride. :thumbs:

:please: Please don't sell until after September. i would love to have you ride to the Keys and up to the Fall Bash with me. :please:

Thinking about selling this and buying a 600 something track bike.
They do that twice a month here at PBIR. Will get more fun from that one time than a years riding on the streets here.
that sounds like a good idea and probably more fun. I guess we get spoiled up here with all the great riding areas and twisties but I use to bang corners hard on a 600 and it was the most fun id ever had on a bike.

if ur not into drag racing florida dosent offer much other then flat str8 roads which I prefer actually. try the 600 and if u get the itch buy a gen III wen it comes out.

If you do decide to sell, please keep posting on here.

I really enjoy your threads, and I'm sure a lot of other people do to..

Good luck whatever you decide.

Chris I live in the 5th wettest county in the country.
I live less than five miles from work. And riding to and from in rush hour traffic is asking to die.
My chances are better playing Russian roulette.

Hmmm...the weight of that concept depends...How many chambers are empty? ;)

Blanca I have four bikes and can't even remember when last I rode. Right now they are all parked with fuel Stabilizer and battery chargers.

When it comes to the Busa, just looking at it now and then makes me happy. And, if I do get the chance to ride one day and it is no longer there, I sure will miss it.

Park it and stop riding for a while. It won't be long and the urge will come back. If it does not, then sell it.

Paid for or not isn't entering into the equation.
I just don't enjoy riding it much anymore as its totally boring here.
Thinking about selling this and buying a 600 something track bike.
They do that twice a month here at PBIR. Will get more fun from that one time than a years riding on the streets here.

I lived in Fort Myers with a motorcycle for about a year, didn't take long to come to the same conclusion. Ended up moving to WNC to make the motorcycle make more sense, if I were in your shoes I would absolutely have a track bike only and be 100% OK with it. Worse case get something that could tag and ride if you wanted to, if nothing else it would be nice if you ever make another trip up for the bash.

Distance makes the heart grow fonder.. The 6 months of white heavy stuff we get around here make you long for 2 wheels. Curves or not.

Just let it sit for a while. Throw some stabil in it and a charger on it. Cover her up for a few months. No loss..

Ride up here some time..there are plenty of nice roads..whats orlando, 4 hour ride? lol.. Sorry to hear that its no fun anymore..But if you want to come up some time or meet in the middle, im down for finding some more cruising roads..:beerchug:

Hate to hear Blanca, but I can certainly relate. I find myself not riding nearly as much so I can spend time with my family.

I finally got to go on a 300 mile ride on Sunday because we had been on vacation all week and I felt I had more time to get out.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I understand your thoughts. When the Doc told me to get off the Busa for at least 1 to 1 1/2 years I decided to sell it anyway. Well, as it turns out, I have gotten closer to my wife's family (we have no children) than ever before. In fact, I am taking 2 of my nephews this year on a Bear Hunt with me. For 40 plus years I was generally overseas and only saw the Ms family once every 5 to 10 years for 2 or 3 days at a time. Well, new things, new times and I love it ! When one thing stops, GET READY, another Great thing will start. Look out Bears, here we come !!!!!!

Ride to live, live to ride! If you don't feel it anymore then it's time to move on to something else. I just turned fifty and every time I get on my bike I feel like I'm sixteen. I ride every day I can and that's most every day. I even like my commute to and from work and that's almost all straight roads and freeway. My favorite part is early in the morning when the sun is coming up, looking to the north east and watching the sky light up above the Sandias and Santa Fe. But that's just me.

Stick around the forum though. Your insight and experience are appreciated.

Sounds like you have already made up your mind and just need a little nudge or reassurance about your decision. If it is not enjoyable anymore for you, then sell it. I don't blame you, if I did not live in north GA with all the twisties near me, I would probably sell mine.

To all who say those infrequent rides mean alot remember where you live and the roads you have before you.
I can put the bike away for years and the roads here will not get anymore impressive.

Yeah everytime I get on the bike, even just sitting on it inside takes me back to my first Kv75 at 7yrs old.
I truly do love the freedom it gives me. But having said that there is no place to ride to or anywhere to really enjoy here.
My rides usually consist of approx two hours out west, 98% cruising along flat open roads at 80-100 or so.
2% of the time it's ridiculous and some have seen my videos. This is about the only adrenalin I get from it and that is hammering 5th or 6th for a minute or so. It's very little actual ride time that thrills me here anymore. I don't like to have to do 150+ to get my fix.

Yet I look at her and still think it's the prettiest bike I ever seen or owned.
May just drain her and mount her on the wall. :)

Can't move. I'm too tied to SoFla and most especially the weather.
My wife's entire family is in Miami. And my toes are still cold from Robbinsville.
:laugh:

So you complain about the roads where you live, but have great weather... Then you long for nice roads to ride on, but complain about the weather where they are ???

Sounds like you got problems my man :laugh:

Keep calm.

keep-calm-and-sell-sell-sell-8.png

Sell it.
If you regret it, then it's just a reason/excuse to buy another bike.:beerchug:
I agree with this. You could always move up here to VA with us. I can guarantee you you can find some good roads here :laugh:
Seriously I understand. I sold mind because I could not enjoy it anymore. Family should always be first. Especially with a young kid. Like sixpack577 said. You can always get another one if you miss it that much. Best of luck.

I have been there and done that but not having a bike in the garage when u come home or leave makes me go crazy... I don't ride much either... Ride a few hrs on Sunday but just knowing how I feel about not having one is making me to have one..
Do what is right for u but I think u will change your mind soon not having a busa..

Back