Go to Family Reunion or run CAT?

BoostCreep

Registered
I'm a little stuck, here at the end of the month is the CAT Nationals at Road America and the team I'm on is going to be out and running the car, at the exact same time is the family reunion I was planning to attend because I haven't been to one is 10+ years.

What would you guys do? Go out in the blazing hot WI weather and run race car? Or sit around with family you never see and pretend to be interested in what they have to say? The car is running with or without me, I'm just the chief tech (Touring spec car).

DSC_0488.jpg

Family man!!! I just burried a lovely woman last week and would give anything to have been able to hang out with her a little while longer. Then some other family members had a horrible wreck after the funeral! So dont take the time you have for granted! Just my 2 cents!!

Not much of a decision to be made. When everything else is gone all that is left is family:rulez:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Family first, all else second. There will always be other races!! I have nothing but regrets with my choices. I always chose to work rather than to attend family events. Now that many of my family members have passed away, I wish I had gobe to the events.

Yeah, I think you guys are right. I'll get the car setup, take it around and make sure things are ok and they can do without me...

Thanks!

Back