Ran a 14 for the first time yeserday...

The Big Red One

Registered
I met a guy with a stock 14 yesterday at a bike hangout. He was a cool dude..we got to talking a bit about the 14 versus busa thing, and kinda mutually decided to run'em and maybe answer some questions
wink.gif
I think we both thought I'd be seeing tailights through it all. His bike was bone stock.....mine is -1 in the front, race bolt ons, BMC street filter and Cobra FI2000R fuel programmer. To be fair the mods I've done made a fairly noticeable increase in power and revability. So we went out on a quiet road and did some standing starts and some roll ons.....and to my shock I pulled him everywhere, at least up to our top speed of about 175. I guess the fairly minor mods I have on my bike are enough to balance out any power diff. The guy was really cool about it...in fact were gonna meet up again for a ride, but we were both a little suprised about the outcome. He's now gonna gear down and get some bolt ons and a filter on his bike lol. I suppose I might be in a little more trouble next time eh?
tounge.gif

nice kill!!! nuthin worng with a lil friendly competition...

I've heard the ZX14's are geared more for topend. I'd be interested in the results with the 14 running a -1 countershaft sprocket.

that -1 on the front makes a biiig diff in acceleration -- methinks it would have shown on a top speed run -- but how often you do top speed runs?
I have surprised other busa riders with mine running the -1 and yoshi bolt ons

I ran the stock BMW "busa killer" too and toe him up (didn't tell him I was -1 either)

best bang for the buck go -1 raise rear 1" lower front 1/2"

Hmmm. Brock pipe, PC, lowered 1 1/2 inches front and rear, and 16/42 when it comes out of the shop ... I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE A 14!
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

We all know he is sitting at home thinking "FU&%, I bought the more uncomfotable, worse handling, uglier bike, because I thought it was fast! I don't even want to ride that homely turd!"
super.gif

(NightCrawler @ Jul. 25 2007,00:45) Hmmm. Brock pipe, PC, lowered 1 1/2 inches front and rear, and 16/42 when it comes out of the shop ... I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE A 14!
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
Let me/us know how you like the set-up, when you get a chance to test it out !!!

Slightly modded Busa vs Stock 14

Slightly modded Busa vs Slightly modded 14

Heavily modded Busa vs slightly modded 14

Heavily modded Busa vs Heavily modded 14

See where I am going???
rock.gif

Be safe and have fun!!
super.gif

Back