Jay Gleason ran a 9.39

Do these bikes have speed limiters removed? I thought the max had a 135 top speed.
Yes speed limiters removed .. P/C and full exhaust .. No air filter or air box .. U4.2 fuel .. Goodyear slick ..And lots of dyno time ..:thumbsup: Plus they dropped the bike weight from 680 to close to 600 pounds..

Yes speed limiters removed .. P/C and full exhaust .. No air filter or air box .. U4.2 fuel .. Goodyear slick ..And lots of dyno time ..:thumbsup: Plus they dropped the bike weight from 680 to close to 600 pounds..

I'm eagerly waiting to get the results of the Oct 25th Drag Fest so I can get the download from Oliver at FxTuner to install it on my VMax. I'm at 188rwhp and want the 206rwhp results Oliver has so I need to get his Monster Big Air kit and program.....just waiting for the 25th........:whistle:

With all the VMaxes that are going to be at Sacramento Drag strip for that event it's going to be very interesting.

Found it!
Wendy J Blog Archive Jay Gleason is alive and well and wanting to make a test riding comeback

This IS the guy they called PeeWee and it was in the early 80's... If you had a factory bike you wanted to make fast, he was the go to guy...

Wondered what ever happened to him... Sure glad to see he is still around and riding!

and a very notable quote I found in the article that I had never known..

Once the government passed a law preventing the use of quarter mile test times to sell motorcycles, he figured his work was over

Last edited:
Back