Jay Gleason ran a 9.39

SFC RICK

Registered
Jay Gleason just ran a 9.39 @ 146mph on a borrowed 09 VMax. Of course it's got a couple of minor mods and a drag slick. He had problems with keeping the front end down that I read on a post about that event. I'm not at all familar with drag racing things and just want to break the 200rwhp mark, I'm about 188rwhp now. BUT i read on here about guys "strapping" the front end down and using wheelie bars, and want to know if those things help in making quicker 1/4 mile times. What does strapping do for the bike?

On Oct 25th there is a drag event at Scaremento, CA using new VMax's from several owners who have done the pipes, intake and fuel management mods with some of them pushing 206rwhp levels. It's gonna be interesting to see the results from that event.

well the mph does not say 200rwhp.. my 160rwhp runs 141-143..

sure glad a busa running mid nines is not news :) Vmax is a fun ride in its own right..

longer wheel base and lower CG should get you quicker 60's and better ET's... But, there is a fine line between to long and to low.

might want to find out just how much abuse the drive shaft can take too before getting too over the top.. one thing to make a ton of power on the street and spin the tire and going to the drag strip and having it hook up hard..

seen some pretty amazing starting line failures on guys that have made an engine make a ton of hp and then neglected the drive train after bolting slicks on.. "bang"

What did that young kid (can't remember his name at the moment) run on Pass Time with virtually a stock Busa?

might want to find out just how much abuse the drive shaft can take too before getting too over the top.. one thing to make a ton of power on the street and spin the tire and going to the drag strip and having it hook up hard..

seen some pretty amazing starting line failures on guys that have made an engine make a ton of hp and then neglected the drive train after bolting slicks on.. "bang"

The drive shaft question was answered by Yamaha when they exploded the old Gen 1 shaft setup on the new VMax project when they were running the Otadama Vmax engine at 337hp on their test stand, and they redesigned the new beefier driveline to handle the current Vmax output at the detuned level of 200hp. BUT Star/Yamaha knows that no one is gonna leave the detuned VMax powerplant alone and people are already bumping 206rwhp with just intake, pipes, and fuel management.

We'll see what they do at the Drag Fest on the 25th. But does strapping the front end down keep it from wheeling?

I'm lifting the front end up(a little) from 2nd, to 3rd when my 240 sticks(rare) but throwing rubber down usually till about 100mph but it settles down and runs great to about 165mph, as fast as I want to go :whistle: .

I'm lifting the front end up(a little) from 2nd, to 3rd when my 240 sticks(rare) but throwing rubber down usually till about 100mph but it settles down and runs great to about 165mph, as fast as I want to go :whistle: .

Professional driver on a closed course. Do not attempt. :laugh:

Brocks's Chronic bike has fewer mods and has ran 8.91 @ 156.

It went 9.32 @150 with just a clutch mod and lowering.

These new bikes are pretty impressive, even the Vmax runs decent these days. :cheerleader:

Jay Gleason is also a 120# on a heavy day and a x pro yammy racer (on a vmax) He use to be my mechanic here in Fl. Still fast for a shaft drive nekid bike.
Posted via Mobile Device

+1 One guy has allready busted his drive shaft on his 09 Vmax .. He power shifted 2 gear on the street and bang ...toast ...:banghead:

jay gleason?

the guy that ran the 10.69 on a gpz750 in 1985?

pro riders are paid for a reason, using what they can do on a bike as representation of what normal people can do is silly.

Back