Awesome turbo Busa at the track Friday night

RX1Jim

Registered
I was at the Lebanon Valley dragstrip in West Lebanon, NY on Friday night for the night of fire event. They were running several bike and car classes as part of the show. A turbo Busa won the bike event. The guy ran 4 passes between 7.66 and 8.06 seconds with a top speed of 188 MPH. He was giving his competion a full 1 to 1.5 seconds head start and ran them down! I could not find the bike in the pits, had a lot of questions for him. It was an awesome site to see this Busa charge down the strip, it was so quite sounding almost electric. They rider had to get off the gas 2 or 3 times each run to recover from wheelies and still ran impressive numbers. Ths bike was extended but I don't know by how much. Seeing runs like that really get me interested in building a dedicated Busa drag bike. They also ran an exhibition of top fuel drag bikes using two harleys at the event, I enjoyed seeing the turbo busa run more that the fuell harleys.

Jim

My friend had one, blew around me in third like I had slammed the brakes on.:thumbsup:

My friend had one, blew around me in third like I had slammed the brakes on.:thumbsup:
lol well put. thats pretty much wat it looks like wen I race other bikes. and it don't matter wat it is... even the BMW 1000rr which is badass had no chance.....none! we were actually on a flat highway when we started but it begins to climb up hill pretty fast so I'm sure he cud see me climbing on him as I went up the hill lol.

beat him by bus lengths lol.... wen we slowed down he was shakn his head and I cud read his lips.... "holy fuk!" lol gav him the thumbs up...:thumbsup: and exited. and I really respect them bikes too and wud lov to own one actually.

how fast were the Harleys goin? dam wanted to go watch that.

I was at the Lebanon Valley dragstrip in West Lebanon, NY on Friday night for the night of fire event. They were running several bike and car classes as part of the show. A turbo Busa won the bike event. The guy ran 4 passes between 7.66 and 8.06 seconds with a top speed of 188 MPH. He was giving his competion a full 1 to 1.5 seconds head start and ran them down! I could not find the bike in the pits, had a lot of questions for him. It was an awesome site to see this Busa charge down the strip, it was so quite sounding almost electric. They rider had to get off the gas 2 or 3 times each run to recover from wheelies and still ran impressive numbers. Ths bike was extended but I don't know by how much. Seeing runs like that really get me interested in building a dedicated Busa drag bike. They also ran an exhibition of top fuel drag bikes using two harleys at the event, I enjoyed seeing the turbo busa run more that the fuell harleys.

Jim

Back