Ran a 14 for the first time yeserday...

(xzvs @ Jul. 25 2007,01:13) lowered 1 1/2 inches front and rear

Hope you see a 14 before you see a turn  
tounge.gif
Hardy har har.
biggrin.gif

Nah ... I've actually been riding like that for quite some time. I wasn't draggin my knee at stock height so I'm not really missing out on anything. I actually took it to the shop to have an undercut tranny put in and told them while they're at it to slap in a 16/42 setup.

kennym4:
Will do ...

Killing 'em softly
super.gif
nice and friendly on the outside....crying his guts out on the inside...
argue.gif
do you think he went to tell his 14boyz at that ride?? I THINK NOT
SHOCKED.gif

Killing 'em softly
super.gif
 nice and friendly on the outside....crying his guts out on the inside...
argue.gif
do you think he went to tell his 14boyz about that ride?? I THINK NOT
SHOCKED.gif

(NightCrawler @ Jul. 24 2007,21:45) Hmmm. Brock pipe, PC, lowered 1 1/2 inches front and rear, and 16/42 when it comes out of the shop ... I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE A 14!
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
Anytime you are ready big boy ....
laugh.gif
You are not going to like what happens ...
ices_rofl.gif

(1300hemibusa @ Jul. 25 2007,12:19)
(NightCrawler @ Jul. 24 2007,21:45) Hmmm. Brock pipe, PC, lowered 1 1/2 inches front and rear, and 16/42 when it comes out of the shop ... I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE A 14!
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
laugh.gif
ices_rofl.gif
There is no replacement for displacement. However, the chic's and general population will ALWAYS notice a Busa before anything else on the road.

(1300hemibusa @ Jul. 25 2007,14:19)
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
laugh.gif
ices_rofl.gif
+1  It always feels good to win, but is beating a stock bike with a modded bike really that big of a deal?  With the same mods and equal riders the 14 is just plain faster - just pulling the flies out of that 14 probably would have turned the outcome around.

The day I got my bike dynoed (small airbox mod, full exhaust, K&N) there was a 14 in there with all the same mods.  I made 165 (without my n20 of course), he made 180.

Not discrediting your kill - but to walk away from that race saying the 14 is a turd is just wrong.

The ones down here in the dirty south are only Great until the middle of 3rd gear. After that it is over, And I dont care about your flies being out .

(big coop @ Jul. 25 2007,13:17) The ones down here in the dirty south are only Great until the middle of 3rd gear. After that it is over, And I dont care about your flies being out .
you can come get some too ....
beerchug.gif
ices_rofl.gif

(1300hemibusa @ Jul. 25 2007,15:19)
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
laugh.gif
ices_rofl.gif
What? Is your bike gonna fall apart trying to keep up?
rock.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(BusaBret @ Jul. 25 2007,03:56) Slightly modded Busa vs Stock 14

Slightly modded Busa vs Slightly modded 14

Heavily modded Busa vs slightly modded 14

Heavily modded Busa vs Heavily modded 14

See where I am going???  
rock.gif

Be safe and have fun!!
super.gif
I see EXACTLY where your going............hope I can afford my new friend and his 14
laugh.gif

(The Big Red One @ Jul. 26 2007,00:53)
(BusaBret @ Jul. 25 2007,03:56) Slightly modded Busa vs Stock 14

Slightly modded Busa vs Slightly modded 14

Heavily modded Busa vs slightly modded 14

Heavily modded Busa vs Heavily modded 14

See where I am going???
rock.gif

Be safe and have fun!!
super.gif
I see EXACTLY where your going............hope I can afford my new friend and his 14
laugh.gif
Could be the beginning of an expensive friendship but DAMN it will be fun!!
race.gif
beerchug.gif

(big coop @ Jul. 25 2007,15:17) The ones down here in the dirty south are only Great until the middle of 3rd gear. After that it is over, And I dont care about your flies being out .
laugh.gif
Yeah, right. I guess physics are different in florida?? You guys crack me up.

What kind of bolt on cans do you have, We have dynoed a lot of busas and I havent seen one with slipons make more power than a stock bike... Every slip on we ever bolted up hurt the #'s..
And I have had no luck with that cobra controller,

Theres a local around here that rolled his bike in to the shop {fresh off ebay} it had a full micron system cobra controller and KN filter the bike made 142 at the wheel {just got off the phone with my buddy to double check the #s}, anyway after we all played with the controller we finlly switched it to a pc3 and after a litle dyno mapping the bike was at 155. {the guy ended up putting cams and a worked head on the bike a week later because he sold a 12r to get the busa and wasnt impressed, but after the top end he was happy with his 175+hp..
Anyhow long story short, I would say your wins are because you were a better rider than the 14's jockey because, a new stock 14 should have at least been neck and neck {MINIMUUM}, even though I dont like since I started playing with the dyno, I have to admit a little work and the bike will turn good #'s.... But Im sure that new busa {Which I also dont lke} will walk all over the Kawi.......

Anyway congrats, atleast you know he wont be pulling up on any busas any time soon....

I heard of it {I own a home in Parish, FL only go there a few times a year the rest of the time Im u here in COLD Rhode Island}},
St Pete is NETE {I seen a bumper sticker that said that and now I think of it everytime someone mentions st petersburg...}
Anyway I thinks its clearwater, rite past st pete-- way up Ulmerton.... i could be wrong, like I said not down there all year bt I have some freinds in the area....
But close enough...
beerchug.gif

(turb06LE240 @ Jul. 26 2007,17:25) What kind of bolt on cans do you have, We have dynoed a lot of busas and I havent seen one with slipons make more power than a stock bike... Every slip on we ever bolted up hurt the #'s..
And I have had no luck with that cobra controller,

Theres a local around here that rolled his bike in to the shop {fresh off ebay} it had a full micron system cobra controller and KN filter the bike made 142 at the wheel {just got off the phone with my buddy to double check the #s}, anyway after we all played with the controller we finlly switched it to a pc3 and after a litle dyno mapping the bike was at 155. {the guy ended up putting cams and a worked head on the bike a week later because he sold a 12r to get the busa and wasnt impressed, but after the top end he was happy with his 175+hp..
Anyhow long story short, I would say your wins are because you were a better rider than the 14's jockey because, a new stock 14 should have at least been neck and neck {MINIMUUM}, even though I dont like since I started playing with the dyno, I have to admit a little work and the bike will turn good #'s.... But Im sure that new busa {Which I also dont lke} will walk all over the Kawi.......

Anyway congrats, atleast you know he wont be pulling up on any busas any time soon....
I have Viper race bolt ons on my bike. The company claims a 6hp gain, and I know after the install the first time I grabbed some throttle I did a power wheelie sooner than I normally would have before the Vipers. They def made a diff. I made my mods one at a time so I could feel/not feel any diff
wink.gif
The BMC gave me a sharper throttle response and seemed to wind up a little quicker. And believe it or not the Cobra fuel programmer made almost as big a diff as the -1 sprocket up front. I started with their base settings for bolt-ons then adjusted for the BMC till I got the best running without being overly rich. Mileage dropped maybe 1 mpg but I got a big boost in power and the bike revs ALOT quicker. The Cobra was the best 197 bucks I've ever spent on a bike....it impressed me that much
biggrin.gif

And yes dnolder me and the 14 rider were pretty close in size.

Back