Raising forks with stock triple tree

I've had good luck using low tire pressures with Pirelli track tires. Super Corsas are good in this respect. Also the Metzler Comp-K slicks. They might use a stiffer sidewall for race tires. Low pressure in some of the tires I had was scary on the street. If the tires get hot enough, the air expands inside increasing the pressure. Speed also has an effect on the amount of flexion in a tire.

One whole inch is a lot. Did you need to move your wheel back a lot? Do you think one less link in the chain might be in order to keep stock wheelbase when lifting the tail this much?

What are Schnitz's links made of? Must be steel, hey? Not aluminum and definitely not Ti at that price.

After installing mine I only had to back the adjusters out about a half a turn each. My blocks are now at alignment with the longest mark for adjustment which makes it pretty much perfect.

Thanks, @Dopey I think I get it, the Schnitz links are longer so they push the front of the swigarm up which makes the back of the swingarm where the axle is go down. The wheel base gets a little shorter. Because the wheelbase got a little shorter, the chain is loose. You then tighten the chain by moving the wheel back. Sounds like raising the tail and then tightening the chain might bring you back to stock wheelbase almost.

Back