? on 08 Busa Front Triple Tree Bike Stand

toolmn

Donating Member
Registered
Has anyone used any kind of front triple tree stand on the 08? I don't know if I should get one b/c my 08 is lowered and I don't want to have to go through alot of trouble to use it...

I have used this from Allthingschrome. Service was excellenct. Fit and quality is perfect. Highly recommended. Will try and get some pictures of it on my bike soon.

99877281_tp.jpg

He means a stand to lift the front of the bike off of the ground. I have an 03 and they are not that much different. Problem is there usually isn't enough room to get the stand up in there over the fender when the bike is lowered. What I haven't tried is removing the under nose tray and seeing if I can get it in there. it is a pain, but there are things you can do with that stand that you can't do with one that lifts on the forks.

Pit Bull also makes a "Convertable" front stand that allows you to pick your bike up either by the forks or triple tree. I have one and they are very handy. Easy everyday use with fork lift and if you are changing forks or tires, the triple tree lift is very handy. Pit Bull is a bit spendy but quality is never cheap.

LP makes a triple tree stand that's very nice. I have been using one on several bikes. On the 08 it is the best fit without interfering with the fairing and fender. I tried a few others and the LP stands is the easiest of them to get under the nose. If it's lowered you will need to lift the nose slightly to get it under. I put two additional washers on the pin for my stand and it works great.

For the Pit Bull front fork converter I read that pin #6 is used and is a tight fit. Plus as TruWrecks points out, it puts pressure on the nose. Could you use another Pit Bull pin to avoid this or washer the Pit Bull pin to avoid this?

Back