Gen 1 triple tree on a gen 2?

Anthonypb

Registered
Looking for a little help I was planning on lowering the front of my busa and was wondering if a 06 busa triple tree will work on my gen 2? I'm new to the site so this might have been asked already so does anyone know?

Don't do it. I've done this mod personally when i first lowered my GEN2 because i was told it was the same triple tree and it will work. Well that statement is 50% true. It will work but the brake lever will make contact with the upper inner fairing area causing the brake to engage while in a full left turn but does not effect normal straight line or normal left turns. The GEN 1 tree handle bar mount point sits higher then a GEN 2 tree causing it to make contact. I never had to make a full left hand turn while riding but it will engage on you while moving it about in your garage. Thats when i noticed it making contact. I have since replaced it with a Gen2 specific triple. I suggest you buy a GEN2 triple tree also or find yourself thrown to the concrete because of a sudden stop you weren't expecting.

It will definitely touch, doesnt bother me though I have one on my bike...also I've seen some gen2 clamps that will touch as well so dont get upset if you buy a gen 2 clamp and it happens to touch. The other big thing is that the gen 2 ignition is a different shape, so if you put the gen 1 clamp on your gen 2 the little plastic cover will not fit.

What they've said. The gen II specific top clamps have the bars pulled back a few more degrees. If you use a stubby lever, you'll be ok ;)

I have pazzo shorty levers and I put the risers on the front and the brake lever hit so I took the risers off I friends has a gen 1 tree that he said would work but if it's gonna hit I'll just make sure I order a gen2 tree thanks for the help guys

Back