swingarm extension questions about lowering

silverbusa

Registered
Hey everybody I am looking at getting the roaring toys extension kit w/ the lowering links. I don't know wether or not to worry about lowering the front with a triple tree or not. Has anyone extended and lowered using just the adjustable links, any recommendations are appreciated.???

Right thats what I was thinking, I have seen lots of posts from other riders talking about what they have done but nobody mentioned what they did to lower the front. Triple tree or straps I guess. Are the only options air ride, straps, or tree?

I would go with the triple tree to lower the front. Straps in my eyes should only be used for drag racing.

strap isn't used to lower the bike, it's used to compress the front suspension and eliminate and sort of rebound characteristics. I have an upper top clamp that allowed me to slide the forks up. I will eventually be shortening my forks when i go to a side winder, low profile pan and straight link.

You can always go with a lowering block. Very easy install but you will only be able to lower 1" it was enough for me and much cheaper I might add

I beleive it is a Soupys lowering block

===================================================================

000_2805.jpg

000_2816.jpg

all my bikes i have lowered them on the triple tree. dont strap it. you'll lose some travel on the forks and could easily bottom them out.

You limit your steering by straping your front end. Don't do it unless you're running down the track.

Back