swingarm extension question...

myfirstbusa

Registered
Got my Roaring Toyz extension kit in the mail today. Lowering links didn't get shipped for some reason, but that's besides the point. My question is... where does my brake caliper mount now that she's stretched 8"?! Obviously the axle still goes through it, but the little slot for the other end of the caliper is too far away to be effective now. I was certain the kit said "everything you need to stretch your bike". Am I missing a piece, or do I have to order something separate? Any quick replies will be much appreciated as I'm trying to have her back together for the weekend. And if Bob from Roaring Toyz is a member of the .org, does anyone know his screen name? Thanks.

Jeff

sorry, I misunderstood "kit comes complete" for something else. Nevertheless, the issue still exists. Thanks guys.

Is there a recessed groove cut into the extension that the caliper rides in?
I have the exoticycle extensions and that is the way they work, the caliper mount around the axle is squared and it rides in the groove in the extention bypassing the
arm that rides in the factory groove on the arm.
If not, is it possible you were sent a set for a genI?

Ah, I never thought to look for that. We didn't attempt to mount the caliper.. we assumed we were missing a piece and started cussing! Thanks for the heads up. I will surely check tomorrow. However, I have to call Robert at Roaring Toyz anyways about my lowering links, so I will double check with him on this issue also. Thanks again!!

why? ever one I know runs them. I"m 9and half over with no trouble:whistle:

If they were 4" over&u wanted them on to hit the track occasionally Id say fine,but 8"+ is pretty much a dedicated drag set-up is too long IMO for bolt-on extensions as your transferring a lot of torque launching a bike that long.

Personally I dont trust them&would never run them on any of my bikes as I would just rather spend the money& do a proper extended swingarm or buy an complete Trac arm and be done with it...

To each his own:beerchug:

If they were 4" over&u wanted them on to hit the track occasionally Id say fine,but 8"+ is pretty much a dedicated drag set-up is too long IMO for bolt-on extensions as your transferring a lot of torque launching a bike that long.

Personally I dont trust them&would never run them on any of my bikes as I would just rather spend the money& do a proper extended swingarm or buy an complete Trac arm and be done with it...

To each his own:beerchug:

I've seen 8" bolt on extension on mid 8 second 250+hp bikes for years. Installed properly I've never seen a quality set of extensions break. Theres alot of $100 e-bay deals out there tho that I wouldn't leave my driveway with also. You can tell the difference just by looking at em!!!

Ah, I never thought to look for that. We didn't attempt to mount the caliper.. we assumed we were missing a piece and started cussing! Thanks for the heads up. I will surely check tomorrow. However, I have to call Robert at Roaring Toyz anyways about my lowering links, so I will double check with him on this issue also. Thanks again!!

Sent your links out to you today...you should have them tomorrow:thumbsup:

I've seen 8" bolt on extension on mid 8 second 250+hp bikes for years. Installed properly I've never seen a quality set of extensions break. Theres alot of $100 e-bay deals out there tho that I wouldn't leave my driveway with also. You can tell the difference just by looking at em!!!

Ok fair enuff

Ah, anxiously awaiting the links!! Thanks again for overnighting them. Very much appreciated. Now I'm scurrying trying to find a clip type masterlink. The guy doing my work doesn't have a rivet tool and says that since the new chain will surely stretch, and being she's sat right at 8" over, we'll probably be removing another link before long, and he thinks the clip type is the way to go til I get the chain stretched. Soooo, being that he works on bikes quite a bit, I'm going with his idea. Not running a plate for the weekend. Thankfully I know 99% of the cops in our town :whistle: I'm sure they'll turn a blind eye for just a day or two. Will post pics after we get her lowered and both tires back on the ground tomorrow. Thanks for everyone's input.

Finally got my baby back in MY garage!! Wow... how easy can you light the tire up on that beast now?! haha. The new CT2 is being put through it's paces at 11 miles!! I love the fact that I can just lay into it and take off without pulling the front tire. It rockets much faster now. Just what we all need... a faster Busa :laugh: I absolutely can't wait to turbo this beast! Pics coming tomorrow.

Finally got my baby back in MY garage!! Wow... how easy can you light the tire up on that beast now?! haha. The new CT2 is being put through it's paces at 11 miles!! I love the fact that I can just lay into it and take off without pulling the front tire. It rockets much faster now. Just what we all need... a faster Busa :laugh: I absolutely can't wait to turbo this beast! Pics coming tomorrow.

Welcome to the stretched club, :thumbsup:

Awesome. I'm getting ready to order a set for my B-King. Along with a air shifter and a shinko tire, next year at the drag strip should be a blast! Nice to read it helps keep the front wheel down.:thumbsup:

ok, sorry for the pic issue. My Droid X is not cooperating AT ALL!! Let's just say she's hotter than any chick I know:laugh:

TommyV... good luck with the Shinko my man. I had an Advance on my rear and it only lasted 1020 miles. No burnouts with it either. Just riding hard. The center was GONE. Cords showing all the way around. Very sticky though. And, yes, my 8" stretch keeps the tire on the ground very well. Rolling burnouts are very easy.. and addicting.. but when she hooks... look out. You're off to the races!!

Back