yet another comparison...

myfirstbusa

Registered
I was pondering either a swing arm or extensions. I decided to go with the Roaring Toyz extensions for now along with their 5 hole lowering links. I just clicked order and am hoping I'm not feeling buyer's remorse. Anyone have any issues with their stuff? I know they say they will handle 500HP, but anyone have any strength issues with them? Any input is very much appreciated. I want to still ride my Busa like I stole it. I just want to know that I won't break the extensions or compromise their structural integrity. When I DO go with a turbo kit, I will obviously dump them for a Macintosh arm. But for now, I'm hoping these give me what I want.

I you are already planning to go turbo you should go for the hole arm already, then you got nothing to worry.

I went with the arm, for the extra money I felt it was well worth it. Plus I'm not not fond of ext. Just my .02.

Some people have expressed issue with the holes in the links bein to close together and not strong enough, tho Ive never seen any that actually broke. So, i guess im spreading rumors...

I've got the 5 hole lowering links installed and riding for about 1/2 year now , no problems here.

Extensions really are just for show and for someone who wants to hit the twisties still and also go to the dragstrip and run a couple of passes. I myself have some ebay extensions (didnt really care for the brand, they all work the same), i put them on so maybe when i do get the time i can go and do a couple of runs at the local dragstrip, and also to help tame the love of wheelies and to avoid tickets. Plus i like the look, also it really isnt that hard to switch back to stock wheelbase and have some fun on them corners. I also have the roaring toyz lowering links too, personally if they are going to break they would've already on me. I ride my bike hard and not just that i weigh about 240, plus i ride 2 up sometimes. Never failed. But thats just my opinion.

The only extensions I am familiar with are on Demmym's Misty. They bolt up easy and I dont really see how they can break. You should be fine.

I was pondering either a swing arm or extensions. I decided to go with the Roaring Toyz extensions for now along with their 5 hole lowering links. I just clicked order and am hoping I'm not feeling buyer's remorse. Anyone have any issues with their stuff? I know they say they will handle 500HP, but anyone have any strength issues with them? Any input is very much appreciated. I want to still ride my Busa like I stole it. I just want to know that I won't break the extensions or compromise their structural integrity. When I DO go with a turbo kit, I will obviously dump them for a Macintosh arm. But for now, I'm hoping these give me what I want.

One of our customers wanted to go with bolt-on extensions about a year ago, one of which (luckily on the drive side) cracked. The company involved insisted they were the only pair they ever heard of that failed, and based on that, we re-installed another pair that the company warrantied for us. Guess what? They cracked also. Based on this, I will never sell another set of bolt-on swingarm extensions again.

BTW, they were not from Roaring Toyz! Their swingarm extensions might be fine . . . for your bike.:poke:

My mechanic spoke with the owner of Roaring Toyz on the phone and he said "our **** is built to last and I guarantee everything we sell for life!" So, I guess if there IS a problem, there is the solution. I just wanted some input on whether they would hold up to more power as I might have motor work done before the turbo kit. Thanks for all the input guys. I've belonged to other forums and it always seemed like no one was willing to share and information unless you really knew them.:bowdown:

also another question. How low can I go in the rear with a 7" stretch without getting into the tail section? And what are my license plate mounting options/what looks best?

also another question. How low can I go in the rear with a 7" stretch without getting into the tail section? And what are my license plate mounting options/what looks best?

That will depend on your weight and your suspension setting. You might need to do some playing around with the suspension to see what fits you best. Someone with the same stretch can go lower or have to go higher than you due to their weight and/or suspension.

As far as plates, I like them on the swingarm left side, personaly I think makes the tail looks cleaner. In my opinion...

Last edited:
I'm right at 220 and the suspension is still set at whatever Suzuki set it at. I'm hoping the Roaring Toyz 5 hole links will be the ticket for me.

I've got the 5 hole lowering links installed and riding for about 1/2 year now , no problems here.

I also have the Roaring Toyz lowering 5 hole links no problems yet, 2 years on there no issues. Stock Busa. The closeness and the seemingly thin metal between the holes, and the incredibly light weight made me nervous but so far so good. :thumbsup:

Back