Ohlins fork install.

murphc13

Registered
Hello all.Im just installing a set Ohlins forks.They are however 15mm taller/longer than stock.
The top stock forks are supposed to be 5mm above the top of the top triple per the service manual.
If Ohlins forks are gonna be installed with the same front ride height then the Ohlins would need to be 5+15=20mm above the top triples.
Or is it a case that the Ohlins forks just will raise the front end?
The problem I’m having is the gap between top plate and top triple is quite big.
I’m not sure which option to take.
Any help from someone that’s done this?

9588C8D7-6332-451D-AC6C-F957E3009EE7.jpeg

Hello all.Im just installing a set Ohlins forks.They are however 15mm taller/longer than stock.
The top stock forks are supposed to be 5mm above the top of the top triple per the service manual.
If Ohlins forks are gonna be installed with the same front ride height then the Ohlins would need to be 5+15=20mm above the top triples.
Or is it a case that the Ohlins forks just will raise the front end?
The problem I’m having is the gap between top plate and top triple is quite big.
I’m not sure which option to take.
Any help from someone that’s done this?
@fallenarch has ohlins and @Dai. I believe does too they may be able to chime in.

When I ordered mine I asked them to be set to stock ride height. Fit perfect and matched up to stock forks. I would try just raising the front a bit to make it work.

You really should have them adjusted by an ohlins tech, makes a big difference

When I ordered mine I asked them to be set to stock ride height. Fit perfect and matched up to stock forks. I would try just raising the front a bit to make it work.

You really should have them adjusted by an ohlins tech, makes a big difference
How did they match the forks to stock?
They’re 15mm longer.
Did he cut the Ohlins down or something?
If I raise the front by 14/15mm I’d imagine it’ll upset the bike a bit.

How did they match the forks to stock?
They’re 15mm longer.
Did he cut the Ohlins down or something?
If I raise the front by 14/15mm I’d imagine it’ll upset the bike a bit.
They matched when I got them from Ohlins? Are yours new or used?

I was thinking if you set them as high as you can in the stock clamps you might only need to make up 7-8 mm. That might work. If not either get a different tripple clamp or send back to seller for correct length.

I was thinking if you set them as high as you can in the stock clamps you might only need to make up 7-8 mm. That might work. If not either get a different tripple clamp or send back to seller for correct length.
Ya I’ll try adjusting them tomorrow.
I’ll let the seller know.

I e been looking up Brocks and Schnitz top triples also.
I’ve read that with the Schnitz installed your levers won’t have fairing contact issues but not the same can be said about brocks apparently.
Is this true?
Also where can the Schnitz be purchased?

This is all I have on it in my install post. I remember measuring them and they were very close, within a mm or 2.

View attachment 1620938

View attachment 1620939
Ah hydraulic preload. I have a love/hate relationship with them lol. Had to rebuild mine recently. Hard to bleed em depending on the brand. Elkas was a particularly um..... enlightening experience. Still I wouldn't ride without one. Being able to adjust sag to ride conditions is quite helpful.

Back