Problems raising front back to stock height

Delgado

Formerly known as KAI
Registered
So I'm trying to replace my aftermarket triple tree with the stock and I'm having problems raising the front back up. I had no problems lowering it but, for some it feels like it doesn't want to go up. I got the bike on stands and put a jack underneath it to see if that would help. All it does is raise the bike (forks included) and I'm afraid of it falling off the stands.

I must be missing a step.. Before putting the jack underneath it, it actually went lower a little bit, so I know there are no bolts holding it. Any suggestions would be appreciated :banghead:

It might just be wedged since you said it slid down some. Try to loosen the clamps a little more...should slide down.

It might just be wedged since you said it slid down some. Try to loosen the clamps a little more...should slide down.

Yea you're right.. Smart thinking. I was sitting around it thinking wth is going on. So after reading your post, I just jacked it up a bit and started tapping on the forks. They eventually started moving. Thanks man :thumbsup:

Back