(( r - a - i - n ))

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
Well I was on the VTX today on my way home from work, I looked ahead and saw a wall of water, Were talking a straight downpour. So I pulled over and thought I would wait it out. 15 min later still there, Finally cleared only to re-appear 3 miles down the road where I pulled over again. Another 30 min later I was homeward bound. AND THEN IT CAME. With no-where to pull over it started with little drops, pins and needles ( VTX SQUIDDING IT, Helmet, Jeans, T-Shirt & gloves ) Then felt like rocks, I finally hit town, Headed for the Car Wash. Sat there until the big drops stopped then headed out again. 4 Miles from the house, with no where to turn off, on a elevated 2 lane road with water on each side, ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE, Huge rain drops, Crosswinds. I was being pounded big time and blown all over the road.

I would like to thank the Okla weather service for there accurate weather forecast that we saw last night. Chance of rain LATE tomorrow evening. I dont think 3:00 p.m. contitutes late evening.

What is this R-A-I-N thing of which you speak? Sorry just kidding.
Glad you made it home safely without slipping.
Bubba

Was caught like that one on my old cruiser. Thought I could out run it. It was coming from the west and I was heading north through town. All I had on at the time were my sunglasses and german helmet. It caught me.....right as my light turned red and I was stuck. Hahaha
Posted via Mobile Device

Damn weatherman...

"Sunny all day"

look what just rolled in

storm.JPG

btw its way darker then that... and i get to go home (90 miles away) in 3 hours. I will never leave my raingear at home again.

i hear ya got the same on my way home tonight as well only difference i only have to drive about 2 miles but still sucks all the same

Don't let a little rain get you down....get out there and ride !!!! It's GREAT practice..... :super:

My favorite is when they say "today there's a 50% chance of rain..."

Really? You went to college and studied weather extensively for 4+ years to tell me, essentially "hey, it might rain, and it might not. The chances are even, and I really have no friggin clue!"

Well I was on the VTX today on my way home from work, I looked ahead and saw a wall of water, Were talking a straight downpour. So I pulled over and thought I would wait it out. 15 min later still there, Finally cleared only to re-appear 3 miles down the road where I pulled over again. Another 30 min later I was homeward bound. AND THEN IT CAME. With no-where to pull over it started with little drops, pins and needles ( VTX SQUIDDING IT, Helmet, Jeans, T-Shirt & gloves ) Then felt like rocks, I finally hit town, Headed for the Car Wash. Sat there until the big drops stopped then headed out again. 4 Miles from the house, with no where to turn off, on a elevated 2 lane road with water on each side, ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE, Huge rain drops, Crosswinds. I was being pounded big time and blown all over the road.

I would like to thank the Okla weather service for there accurate weather forecast that we saw last night. Chance of rain LATE tomorrow evening. I dont think 3:00 p.m. contitutes late evening.

Metzeler 880 tires..and drive right through that crap [psss no pain with mesh jacket]

Really? You went to college and studied weather extensively for 4+ years to tell me, essentially "hey, it might rain, and it might not. The chances are even, and I really have no friggin clue!"
I hear ya. There's no way he can be wrong with that prediction.:laugh:

If you dont like the weather in Oklahoma, wait a few minutes, it will change! Besides, I would rather it rain all day today and clear out by Friday! :laugh:

If you dont like the weather in Oklahoma, wait a few minutes, it will change! Besides, I would rather it rain all day today and clear out by Friday! :laugh:

Hopefully the pain and waterloggedness ( yes its a word ) I indured will cover us for next Sat.

What I do for you guys. :laugh:

Lol, too true.

Back