17 yr old who knows all.

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
Sooooooooo We had a B-day party tonight at the house for a freind, Her 17 yr old daughter cam over with a couple freinds and ending up asking could she show her freinds my bike. ( Im a sucker for a pretty young girl )

I unlock the garage and walk them in, 3 of them walk over to the Busa and start drooling, but the 4th has walked over to the VTX and said he likes this one, I told him everyone has there own likes and dislikes and that I liked all bikes, They asked him why he liked the VTX over the Busa and his answer was that he didnt like the sportbike look ( Im ok with this ) Then he said ( Ready for this ) Those bikes just dont have the power of a Harley or a bike like this one ) I said are you sure about that, Yes he said, There not as strong, I dont think you know how wrong you are. Explained that a common Harley and even my VTX have about 75 to 90hp and that My Busa had 172hp. He left the garage still liking the VTX more but with the understanding the Busa is Twice the Bike.

WHY DO PEOPLE THINK HARLEYS HAVE MORE POWER THAN A BUSA OR EQUIVALENT ? ? ? ?

I dont get it. Maybe they are just that ignorant to real facts

Probably (mis)info that he's been fed by his dad, and/or dad's buddies.
Motorcycles in general conjure some strange impressions and ideas.
As for showing someone my bike.. "Yeah, here in a bit we'll go look at it", then let it slide, so that "in a bit" never comes around.

They here it from harley salesmans and the people who believed what the salesman said when they rode out the dealer with it :rofl:

Don't get me wrong I like Harleys just not my kind of ride :laugh:

As he walked out of the garage....

"That guy doesn't know what he's talking about girls, I know WAYYY more than him about bikes, I have the internet on my phone"

:laugh:

Darn kids....

at 17 they think they know it all but really dont have a clue, i know thats how it was for me .

great, my wife read that line and she not tells me that I have been 17 for the last 15 years of marriage, now she wants me to grow up... :moon:

As he walked out of the garage....

"That guy doesn't know what he's talking about girls, I know WAYYY more than him about bikes, I have the internet on my phone"

:laugh:

Darn kids....

Was thinking the same thing. I got a friend that swears up and down harleys are top dog, and to each they're own. But if you dont know the actual facts why run your mouth, 17 year old kid is one thing, my friend's 30...

Shoulda seen the look on his face friday night when we absolutely SPANKED a v-rod with the truck:whistle::rofl: He hasnt said much since

Was thinking the same thing. I got a friend that swears up and down harleys are top dog, and to each they're own. But if you dont know the actual facts why run your mouth, 17 year old kid is one thing, my friend's 30...

Shoulda seen the look on his face friday night when we absolutely SPANKED a v-rod with the truck:whistle::rofl: He hasnt said much since

Thats awesome!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

HD makes so much noise that some people thinks its all power, and people who dont really know about bikes will think that hd has more power than sport bikes.

HD makes so much noise that some people thinks its all power, and people who dont really know about bikes will think that hd has more power than sport bikes.

That's probably the realistic answer. Especially since some V-Twin riders make it appear their bike can't idle with loud pipes, gotta keep twistin' the grip. The unknowing may relate this to power.

Back