Quick ?

get going about 178 and let off, about throws you over the windscreen,,,,
Did that once on my Katana at 150.  'Bout ran over myself.

--Wag--
then how are you supposed to slow down without enging breaking when doing 110+ mph if you almost get thrown every time u let off throttle going that speed and when people tell me I'll lock up the rear break and if I even tap the front break I'll go flying over my bike? (I'm trying to distinguish fact from fiction, and yes, I'm a non rider n00b to sport bikes)

--Wag--
then how are you supposed to slow down without enging breaking when doing 110+ mph if you almost get thrown every time u let off throttle going that speed and when people tell me I'll lock up the rear break and if I even tap the front break I'll go flying over my bike? (I'm trying to distinguish fact from fiction, and yes, I'm a non rider n00b to sport bikes)
It all comes down to finesse and throttle control, which are very similar to sex.

1.  Everything is good in moderation!!!!

2.  It takes a lot of practice to get good at it.

3.  Just resign yourself to having sore wrists when you first start out.

4.  Abrupt control inputs yield more violent reactions at higher speeds, with a higher likelihood of being thrown-off........

It's your reflectors, take them off and you will feel the difference.
thumbs-up.gif

--Wag--
It all comes down to finesse and throttle control, which are very similar to sex.

4.  Abrupt control inputs yield more violent reactions at higher speeds, with a higher likelihood of being thrown-off........
ok so you're saying let off the throttle very very slowly? or did I miss the point of your post?

Why do all of you take off your side view mirrors? I though u were safety conscience...
rock.gif

--Wag--

ok so you're saying let off the throttle very very slowly? or did I miss the point of your post?

Why do all of you take off your side view mirrors? I though u were safety conscience...
rock.gif
Yes, treat the throttle as a tool in both directions. The engine is a great tool in helping you slow down, but you can't just slam it shut, unless imitating Superman is your goal......

--Wag--

rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

--Wag--

rock.gif
Slamming shut the throtle at very high speed is a no no
biggrin.gif

...the right way is to let of the throtle smooth, while applying the front and the rear breaks together... along if downshifting if necessary
wink.gif
...its a art my friend, its an art ... and dont worry you will learn it with experience!!!

--Wag--

rock.gif
Slamming shut the throtle at very high speed is a no no
biggrin.gif

...the right way is to let of the throtle smooth, while applying the front and the rear breaks together... along if downshifting if necessary
wink.gif
...its a art my friend, its an art ... and dont worry you will learn it with experience!!!
NO NEED TO LOOK IN THE REAR VEIW IF NO ONE IS THERE.......

After coming off big twins and returning to sportbikes, I think the flywheel weight has alot to do with engine braking,lighter flywheel means faster acceleration and deceleration(more weight means more spinning mass to slow down) it's hard to change riding styles don't be hamfisted and you'll be alright. You got to caress this baby and she'll reciprocate, I love this bike and she loves me back...Now if we can get this damn rain to stop I'll be lovin life.

After hitting a 100 lb. punching bag in my garage for a year, wrist pain is not an issue. It's a good way to build up your wrists and forearms.

Ya know... I just got to thinking about what I said... and I think I was wrong..

a Vtwin at 3,500 is going to have alot more engine braking than a I4 at 6,000..

I dunno what he's talking about!! lol

anyway... I wonder where this guy is.. 2 posts... new bike that he's not used to... and it's been awhile... I wonder.

Back