Quick ?

Muldoon

Registered
Hello all, just have a quick question.  About a month ago I bought a brand new Busa.  I have not ridden many sport bikes in my life, mostly cruisers, but I was just wondering if it was normal that the bike seems to slow down rather fast.  It doesn't seem like there are any problems, but I am 6'3 and after a while my wrists start to bother me.  I am just asking becaused I have seen other riders around cruising to a stop with 1 hand.  I can only do that while on the throttle, when I let go I seems to need both hands because I ride up on the seat.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: "reduced pic size."|1113969280 -->

post_13_85354_MyBike3.jpg

Everything is normal bro! The throtle works both ways on all sports bikes
wink.gif

The wrists well bother you untill you get used to the new riding position of sports bikes! It took about a week for me for the wrist pain to go... Its all a matter of getting used to
biggrin.gif

If you slide back on the seat then you can lean over the tank to rest your upper body and arms...I don't know what you mean stopping with one hand...You need both hands on the bars to stop properly...While cruising if you've got a good lean you can rest your clutch arm...If you get a cruise controller of some sort then you could rest both arms or swap them out...

shenoyp is right about the wrists,i hurt all the way up my arms and between my shoulder blades the first couple of days but i barely notice it now.

If you are referring to a gradual rolling stop "cruising", you can try disengage the clutch as you back off the throttle. Then you can take your throttle hand off the bar and use the rear brake or just time it annd roll to a stop......

Not sure if that is what you are after, your question is a bit unclear.

different muscles are used riding a sport bike and a cruiser, or even a standard.. just give the muscles time to toughen up to the new demands and you'll be fine..

I don't understand what your saying about it slowing down fast when you let off the gas.. maybe.. this is just a theory though..

if your used to riding cruisers most times the redline is much lower on most vtwin cruisers.. so if you let off at 3500 rpms it's not going to slow down like if you let off at 6500 on the 'busa..

lots more braking action from the motor revs coming back down. ..

or something like that.. not sure if it helped.. the cold medicine is obviously working.. hehe.

i gave up trying to keep my jewels off the tank along time ago.. more effort than it was worth..

I just go ahead and slide up snug to the tank and get on with it.. it handles better with your weight forward anyways.

I do recommend wearing a cup if your prone to panic-ey stops though.
wink.gif

I had the same problem when i first got my busa! 2005!! I had a Honda 954 (2004) before i bought my busa, the throttle response is a lot quicker on the busa BOTH WAYS!! But that is to be expected coming from the hayabusa!! But like everyone else said, "you will get used to it!!"

First off I would like to say thank you for the warm welcome. Sorry if I confused anyone, but most seemed to know generally what I was asking. Thank you for all the replies and I hope to be able to participate more on the boards as time goes on. Right now I am just trying to get through the break in, I got roughly 300 on her now. Well the sun is out and it is time to ride. Once again, I just want to say thanks and it is my pleasure to be part of this outstanding web site.
Muldoon

Hello all, just have a quick question.  About a month ago I bought a brand new Busa.  I have not ridden many sport bikes in my life, mostly cruisers, but I was just wondering if it was normal that the bike seems to slow down rather fast.  It doesn't seem like there are any problems, but I am 6'3 and after a while my wrists start to bother me.  I am just asking becaused I have seen other riders around cruising to a stop with 1 hand.  I can only do that while on the throttle, when I let go I seems to need both hands because I ride up on the seat.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks
Big engine...lots of engine braking. Personally I love it...makes it easier in the twisties I think once you get used to it.....just like the big torque. Why shift?
tounge.gif

Back