Quick Shifter setup for Gen I/II busas

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
If you are using ecu flashing, might be interested in this. Be able to shift without letting off throttle or pulling in clutch, just apply pressure to the shift lever and bike falls into gear, you need to be able to flash your ecu to turn this feature on. Trying to get a group buy going need a couple more people for this pricing. I posted this in the ecu flashing thread as well....

-------------------------------
Okay so I found a better deal, the cardona gp switch has wiring for both push and pull meaning standard or reverse shift pattern could use same switch, and it comes with a generic rod, you have to cut and then tap just one end of it for your install, so custom rearsets this should work also. If need be i could probably measure one up on my bike and have a machine shop do the work if you don't want to.

But anyhow for a cardona gp switch with generic rod, wired to work on the busa with ecu flashing would be about $210 TYD if we can get 4 or more people, $230 TYD if by yourself. I think I will get one myself, and have an overseas customer wanting one, so thats 2 of us so far.

This is what the GP switch looks like, nicer than the dano's performance in my opinion.
Cordona - Race use only!

Greg
BoostBySmith

I figured with all the dragsters here you wouldn't be able to keep up with the orders. This has to be better than those auto shifters. :dunno:

Drag racers will prefer typical air shifters, you still have to foot shift but can do it without letting off the throttle, probably more road race or street riders I would think

Sort of a step between stock and air shifter lol
Posted via Mobile Device

OKay 2 of them showed up, the other 2 drop shipped from overseas so hopefully later this week.

need your guy's input though.

I was hoping that i could wire the switch to kill the engine when you up or down shifted, it appears it has to be one or the other. My original plan was to make it so if you wanted to reverse shift pattern all you had to do was mechanical, not rewire anything. The switch doesn't seem to work that way, to get the preload right for normal pattern would make the reverse pattern be stuck on all the time.

So if you want either standard or reverse pattern, piece of cake and nice clean, if you want the ability to switch back and forth, i can do that too but ill had to add some cheesy quick disconnects and have more exposed wire so you can swap between the 2 different outputs, not sure if that makes sense.

Well you guys are paying for them so advise me what you would like to do. Could even add a toggle switch but that just messies up stuff even more with more wiring and switches.

Greg

CORDONA.jpg

just up shifting for me. No rush for me, I'll take the one of the ones coming in. I still need to get the ECU flashing kit to make this work right?

finally, the other 2 remaining switches came in from sweden today. Ill get these done up this weekend. Warp yours will be ready to ship out saturday ish, ill get a gen 2 flasher built up for you as well ready to go pending payment.

Greg

Back