question on lowering my bike

txbikerdude

Donating Member
Registered
I was at the dealer yesterday talking about lowering my bike.. well first of i am 6ft, so i dont know if lowering it is an option or not. Anyway, he was telling me all I needed to buy was the lowering links for the back of the bike, and I could lower the front myself without having to purchase anything.. Is this true? If so, I may ride over to Cycle Gear and pick up some toys...

Thanks for you input.

On a busa you need to buy the triple trees for the front to lower it right, some people put a strap on the front, but I don't like that way. as far as what he told you, I dont think he is right on the front.

Lets see a pic of your upper clamp. And yes, links for back are all you need. How much are you wanting to drop it?

YOU WILL NEED THE TOP TRIPLE CLAMP:thumbsup: IF YOUR GOING TO RIDE IT ON THE RODE YOU DONT WANT THE STRAP ON THE FRONT, IT WILL RIDE ROUGH.

you can get a lowering kit from soupys for $100 or right around there. They use spacers for the front and threaded links for the back.

At 6', I personally would not lower the bike.....I bought stuff from Schnitz's racing. 3 hole rear lowering links and then anodized black triple tree. Cost for each part was 54 for rear and 250 for front. Pic of front

hayabusa 006.jpg

You have to buy a Upper Tree clamp for the front and then from there just loosen up the forks and push them through the upper tree. Make sure your even then tighten it all back up. Then with the back go to roaring toyz and get the 5 way adjustable lowering links and your all set to go.

batman 1.jpg

Another possible solution for the front would be to install spacers, I got mine from Doyle, DR1300R. This will space the upper cover above the clamp and then you can lower the bike by raising the fork tubes. This is a pic of my wifes bike. Then you just have to get links for the rear.

busa bash 021.jpg

Back