Roaring Toys lowering links

ssincere

Registered
Hello to all:

I will be lowering my 11 busa pretty soon. I purchased the Roaring Toys lowering links (the one with 5 holes). Will i need to modify anything to install them? I was looking at them and it seem they are going to touch the belly wing or the exaust? Will they work with stock exaust? Any info. Thanks.

Can't find the post at the moment,but just saw(within the last few days)where someone had a set of the 5 hole RT links break,don't seem to have much meat between the holes.I'd get(and have)a set of Soupy's adjustable links.

Thanks for the info. how hard are the Soupy's to install and adjust?

Any body alse with info on the RT braking? ???

Can't find the post at the moment,but just saw(within the last few days)where someone had a set of the 5 hole RT links break,don't seem to have much meat between the holes.I'd get(and have)a set of Soupy's adjustable links.

Thanks for the info. how hard are the Soupy's to install and adjust?

Any body alse with info on the RT braking? ???

Nope,should be exactly the same steps to install either,and the Soupy's are way easier to raise/lower the bike once installed with more range(and i'm betting stronger to boot).:thumbsup:

newbike076.jpg

newbike074.jpg

(i marked mine with a felt tip to keep track of turns should i decide to raise/lower from where they're set now)

Look hard enough and you can find pics of the soupy's style broken also. no part is 100% break proof. I have over 4000 miles on the RT 5 holes and they have no signs of wear(yes i have had it apart recently). Bottom line, make sure they are installed properly and like all aftermarket parts, check often for wear and tear as if your life depended on it.

but to answer your question, shouldn't be any fitment issues. They aren't that much longer.

Also recently had mine off very easy to install and adjust , no clearance issues. All of my roaring toyz parts are very well built.

I actually just baught a pair of soupy's last night. I'll let you know what I think as soon as they arrive and I install them. :thumbsup:

Hey Newb:

in what setting you have your links at.

Thanks.

Look hard enough and you can find pics of the soupy's style broken also. no part is 100% break proof. I have over 4000 miles on the RT 5 holes and they have no signs of wear(yes i have had it apart recently). Bottom line, make sure they are installed properly and like all aftermarket parts, check often for wear and tear as if your life depended on it.

but to answer your question, shouldn't be any fitment issues. They aren't that much longer.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335396983.773839.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1335397011.759397.jpg

I didn't go that low. Because of the length I'm at and not wanting to be too stiff. Plus I like to give the wife and kid a ride from time to time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335396983.773839.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335397011.759397.jpg

Put the 5-holers :laugh: on my 08 no issues had to remove the voodoo tips to get on but I like them, and looks good also

i just installed mine from roaring toyz (adjustable) it came with everything you need. Though the bolts are short for the 2012 so i just went to the local bolt shop and got a pair. as mentioned they are easy to adjust.

I am running the Roaringtoyz threaded adjustables on my 09, rider weight suited 250+ wheelies on every ride and an occasional dragstrip runs with no issues.

I had a Soupy's set on my GSXR1000 and loved them. I will definitely stick with them for the busa!

I have never ridden with a passenger on a lowered bike, so do you need to adjust the preload so you don't bottom out?

Back