Lowering options

ThatOneKid

Registered
So im a new owner to a 2009 busa, and a new member. Its completely stock and I am putting a full brocks alien head exhaust on it. From what I hear its better to lower the bike after installing an exhaust. I am about to purchase the triple tree clamp and 5 position lowering links. Im just wondering how much should I lower the front and the rear? Any imput is greatly appreciated :p

Lowering a bike because of an exhaust is not needed or helpful. Is that your only reason for lowering it?

Welcome to the oRg. It doesnt matter when you lower it, you can install the exhaust after or before. You can lower the rear about 2 inches with some different dog bones, the front you will need a different triple cover. Not sure how low you can go in front, you dont want your fender hitting the nose cone. Keep in mind, if you lower it a couple of inches you will be scrapping your header pipe on speed bumps, pot holes etc.

If you're going to use a new lowering top clamp, you can safely lower the bike 3/4in in the front.

If someone told you to lower the bike because of the exhaust, you have bad information.

The exhaust is DEF not a reason to lower. Got any other reasons other than just wanting too?

Well I would like the bike to sit a little lower. A friend of mine has an 08 busa and his is lowered. It seemed more comfortable to sit on. Im not very tall (5'11), so my feet just barely sit flat on the ground when stopped at a light. So thats the main reason for me lowering. Thanks for the responses :p

Well I would like the bike to sit a little lower. A friend of mine has an 08 busa and his is lowered. It seemed more comfortable to sit on. Im not very tall (5'11), so my feet just barely sit flat on the ground when stopped at a light. So thats the main reason for me lowering. Thanks for the responses :p

You are an inch taller than I am and my bike is oem height. You might also look into another seat. Corin or New Image will set you about another inch lower in the saddle and let you be flat footed. I have a slight knee bend when seated on my 09.

I have already bought the links from roaring toys and the front triple tree. I did forget about the kickstand. I wanted to leave the seat alone because I bought luimoto seat covers to put on it. My buddy said he had a local wielder cut his original kiclstand instead of buying a new one. Its kinda a cheaper option vs buying a new one. And his has been fine since for the past three years. I might go ahead and do that

Well I bought the lowering links from roaring toyz and the triple tree clamp already. Just waiting for them to come in the mail. Id like to leave the seats alone because I bought luimoto seat covers. I did forget about the kickstand.. although my buddy went to a local wielder and he had his cut and wielded for a lot cheaper. And his has been fine for the past threr years. I think I might just cut my original

Back